User Tag List

Thread: whitelist a randomised number

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whitelist a randomised number

Hey all

Basically making a quiz type of game - i have set it up so that it randomises some questions, and then displays the question based on the result. I have done this with a counter random(10)

The issue is, i don't want it to repeat the question. Sometimes it will repeat the same question straight away if the randomized number is chosen! How can I white list a chosen number?

Thanks for any advice =)

Although maybe an array would help here? not that ive used one much.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could set up an Active Object (eg. called "WhiteList"), and then set a flag every time a question is chosen. So, if Question 6 is chosen, tell it to set flag 6 to 1. Then, whenever you choose a question, test whether that flag is already 1. If it is, choose again.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    You could set up an Active Object (eg. called "WhiteList"), and then set a flag every time a question is chosen. So, if Question 6 is chosen, tell it to set flag 6 to 1. Then, whenever you choose a question, test whether that flag is already 1. If it is, choose again.

thanks.. i might try this . I started trying to use an array using an example i found here but it's not quite working the way i was wanting.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This can actually be done very simply. Put the questions in a list object. When asking a question, randomly select a question based on how many lines there are in the list and delete the line. Remember that lists are 1-indexed by default, meaning the first line is line number 1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i tried for a while , had some semi-sucess but for some reason f2.5 crashed on me. I couldn't figure it out 100% using the list object. Sometimes the counter linked with the list object was going -1 etc

If anyone has a spare minute to look at the MFA that would be amazing. The second frame is where i attempted and failed!

https://ufile.io/816ee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsquirrel View Post
    Well i tried for a while , had some semi-sucess but for some reason f2.5 crashed on me. I couldn't figure it out 100% using the list object. Sometimes the counter linked with the list object was going -1 etc

If anyone has a spare minute to look at the MFA that would be amazing. The second frame is where i attempted and failed!

https://ufile.io/816ee

Weirdly, i got this semi-working until i got a EDRT.exe error and lost my changes!