User Tag List

Thread: How does textures work

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does textures work

This might sound like overkill but i would like to know how the texture cache works. I created a uv map and imported it into a single texture slot. When i applied it to my static mesh, i had to make two commands. The first retrieved texture one from the cache and applied it to index one (which applied the actual picture to the center of my picture frame) and the second retrieved texture one form the cache and applied it to index two (which applied the frame wooden texture to the frame) Why is that? And would my best bet be trail and error for more complex uv map and models (i sort of guess and it was right the first time).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your best bet would be to assign all the textures as part of the model and then just load the model.

the texture cache should only be used for texture swapping (or for doing special effects on the model )

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And tips on how to export a 3ds file from blender with textures

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in blender turn on export as obj from prefs - obj is a lot easier than 3ds as its plain text files which you can edit double check textures etc

if you wish to stick with 3ds - i have no clue as i dont use blender, but if you send me the 3ds i can check if your textures are being saved with it and where firefly is looking for them

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ill try obj. I was using 3ds because after testing the supported files, 3ds was the only one that exported correctly (without actually doing any work or research that is)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My textures are transfered from blender to clickteam but it isn't correctly. For examply, my floor repeat isnt the same, my pictures are rotated wrong, there's random black triangles in click team that aren't there in blender. Not sure what im doing wrong. Fairly new to game modeling.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    send the blend and the obj and the textures in a zip plz