Thread: Alien Splatter Pocket (Android/iOS)

Alien Splatter Pocket (Android/iOS)

Well what should of been a joyous occasion has turned sour because Google are a big bunch of d**ks. I finally finished my first ever app (in under a week) and Google goes and flags and suspends the app claiming "unauthorised use of copyrighted materials" when I know for a fact everything is 100% my own work, from the pixel work to the music. *Sigh*. Sadly I don't own anything to port to iOS at the current moment but I'm soon changing that and I'm hoping this will be released out on the app store in a couple of months time!

Besides that I'd thought I'd show off what I created in a week to demonstrate how awesome and fast Fusion is for 2D games.

Trailer:

So as you can see it was a "port" of my old flash game Alien Splatter that I made a couple years back, although most of the engine/sprites have been redone so it's not really a port but more of an "enhanced" version. I spent one week making this from scratch and it comes complete with achievements, sound test, fps limiters and even a little retro manual guide. I made five levels in total, with six different weapons and six different end bosses. All the levels had it's own gimmicks and settings too.

Pictures:

It's a complete shame that Google's autobots have apparently believed this to contain copyrighted material when it clearly doesn't. (I've not even got a twitter/facebook link in the app.) Even the store description had no mention of any brands so it's a complete mystery. I've stuck in an appeal but I don't hold out any hopes it'll prolly just come back with the same auto-message. Hopefully iOS won't be as a crap experience.

If people are interested in playing it, I am very tempted to export it over to flash (after a few tweeks) and upload it to Newgrounds or something

Anyway just a post to show, how awesome Fusion can be
    -Joel

Beautiful game . Nice job !!!
    My website and 2d Animation artworks: http://www.pershaland.com/

Amazed in how fast you can put up such complete games,
    and such good looking retro-graphics

I can see how Google could be fooled by your 100% NES sprites and palettes

But - seriously -
    is there anything you can do, to claim your rights on your own graphics?
    I never found myself in a similar situation,
    isn't there some way to "contest" the flag?
    They should at least produce some proof, tell you which copyrighted material you supposedly grabbed from,
    otherwise it's a bit "smokey" (I know, it's the flea against the colossus, but moreso feels really unfair)
    a selection of my Fusion examples can be found here

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Very nice! Soul Gunner 2.0 for Android.

Looks great!
    Sad to hear what google is doing to you. Apparently their terrible youtube practices extends to app store...