User Tag List

Thread: Delay with continue to other frames

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delay with continue to other frames

Hi

I made an example as detect between frames. I see a little delay for character when we have change frame . How can I fix it?

Of course you can change my events complete for another way detect rooms
    Please see example :
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don┤t get any delay with your example. Anyway, if you change frames a part of the memory is cleared and some graphics/ local values etc. have to be reloaded, so a little stutter can probably not be completely avoided in heavier projects. You may get better results if you go for a one frame setup and avoid frame changes at all, the downfall with this is that your RAM can get cluttered and you┤ll hit a limit at some point.

Also, here┤s a helpful thread about the topic: https://community.clickteam.com/threads/100782-Tips-for-speeding-up-frame-loading?highlight=load+objects+frame

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Julian , In first of frame after change frame , object start to accelerate again . It need to more careful for see it. Please try again .
    I want use 1280X720 . So one frame setup and splitting make a large size frame and drop memory . I think your mean is level editor . I don't made it at all for my games because I prefer use Fusion frame editor for more flexibility scene tools.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I suspect Mehrdad might be simply talking about the object being "slowed down" at frame switch

@ Mehrdad,
    you also need to throw speed in the pot,
    otherwise the object speed will be reset to 0 at start of each frame
    see tweaked example:

Continue to other Frames_1.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That works nicely, I had no idea that Alt values worked across frames. I though only global values could be kept from one fame to another? I'm confused as to why it works, how does the Alt value C get transferred?

Is it because the actives speed is global and you catch it before it zero's out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schrodinger View Post
    I suspect Mehrdad might be simply talking about the object being "slowed down" at frame switch

@ Mehrdad,
    you also need to throw speed in the pot,
    otherwise the object speed will be reset to 0 at start of each frame
    see tweaked example:

Continue to other Frames_1.mfa

Oh Thanks a lot Schrodinger . I don't know about speed reset in start of frame . You save me again

@aenever
    I only use global object for across to frames . It keep all values between them . Speed is a method for eight direction movement and reset in start of frame as Schrodinger mention it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I feel so dumb, I see how it works now. I can't believe that I've missed that! Please tell me it's a relatively new feature, otherwise I'll be face palming myself to death

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't think the "global object" property is very new,
    though you could very rarely use it, depending on your coding habits (I very rarely do i.e.) and that flag is a bit hidden..
    I would say no need to facepalm for this aenever