User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Alpha transparency effect, but in flash expot?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright.... I've looked into the effects options further. I've put an active object to use the Subtract effect. Does that achieve the same effect as the Alpha Channel object? I see a color difference between an active with subtract effect on, and an object as using an alpha channel object, but they both give off a similar shading style.

The left shade is using Subtract effect. The right shade is the alpha channel object.They both have the dark shade effect on the right, which i was kind of going for though.

I think the left shade seems to look odd on some monitors, but good on better monitors. So I don't know.... But left shade seems to work on flash, I guess. :-/

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This MFA file should show what I'm talking about in regards to built-in alpha channels. It's not literally the same effect you're going for, but by examining the "gradient" active object and its alpha channel, you might be able to figure out how to re-create the exact effect you're looking for.
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy crap. How? I've been trying to figure out how to do that...

Yes I see the transparency (y) button in the image properties but I can't figure out how to do what you did?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, select the alpha channel option, and say that yes, you want to convert the trasnparent color to an alpha channel. Then you need to select "edit" while still under trasnparency options. You can then edit the alpha channel, and you can also choose to make the alpha channel itself visible if you want.

Alternatively, you can make your see-through gradient in an external program, export a PNG, and then just import that into Fusion, and, if you exported it right, the gradient should already have an alpha channel.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alight, I've experimented with adding the gradient in the alpha channel on editing, and imported the same gradient again as the image itself, but in reverse color order. It works, however, when I go to flood fill with a new color, I can only fill 1 line of the gradient.

How did you do your alpha channel so flood filling with 1 color fills the entire gradient?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, in the image I made, the only gradient is in the alpha channel: The actual image is just a solid color. Switch from "alpha channel" to "transparent color" in my example to see what I mean.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, THAT explains it! I just made the same thing you did. Though it is a bit confusing though. I was used to the Alpha Channel object where it contained 2 frames. Where making an active object with alpha channel properties is a bit more complicated then I thought.

But at least I have an idea what's going on now. Nice. Thanks for the help.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're welcome! Glad I could help. Alpha channels allow you to make your games look a lot better, BTW, so if you learn to make the most of them, you can make some really nice-looking games.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2