User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alpha transparency effect, but in flash expot?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha transparency effect, but in flash expot?

So, I've used alpha transparency to achieve things such as dark caves/dungeon entrances and light effects. However, I have used the alpha channel object to get that effect for the application version, which is apparently not compatible with flash. I was wondering if there is a work around to achieve this alpha channel effect for both application and flash version without the need of extra object handling?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This extension seems a little redundant to Fusion's built in Alpha Blending Coefficient settings (or even the oldschool semi-transparency). Instead of using the Alpha Channel object, try bringing in just a regular Active, and going to Effect > Set Alpha Blending Coefficient in the code. You can also refer to the object's current Alpha setting to gradually increase or decrease it much in a similar way to moving an object's X or Y position.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But it is NOT the same though. Take a look at this image.

The left image in red is the one you suggested, using 150 as the coefficient.
    The right image in green is the alpha channel object I used for the effect.

Both images have the gradient where black is the left most color, and white is the right most color. I think the right side image is the one I want, except without the use of the alpha channel object.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just use CF2.5's built-in alpha channels? There's a reason the alpha channel object was never ported to Flash...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do i find the built in ones? Are they only for active objects, or for backdrops as well?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're available for backdrops as well, yeah. They're available under transparency settings (the weird-looking fish icon thing, IIRC).

It's... kind of been a feature since MMF2.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh okay I see.... Under the display options. under the [X]Transparent option there's effect change.

But this STILL doesn't help, as none of the shaders mach the same format as the alpha channel object.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was referring to a button in the graphics editor for any given object. Alpha Channels have been around in MMF2 long before the effects options were a thing.

EDIT: Here's a screenshot showing what I mean. I'm honestly a bit surprised that a few people still haven't discovered that MMF2/CF2.5 has a feature as simple as alpha channels without external extensions (since alpha channel support is basically a must-have feature of any serious game development program for various reasons)... mind you, it's actually surprisingly hidden if you aren't importing graphics files that already use them (e.g. most non-pixelart PNG graphics), so I can see why.

Alpha channels.jpg

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright NOW I see it. But how does that help? I've imported my gradient as active object (Since I can't get that option as a gradient quick backdrop), but I can't seem to match the same value I have on the imported image in the Alpha Channel object.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll have to edit the alpha channel, which is edited separately from the main image (the option to do so is in the same menu that I showed in the screenshot). It's a bit of a tedious process, but then again, you might be able to just copy the alpha channel you're already using on the alpha channel object...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast