User Tag List

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: [ rts game ] Kwarn Armada Tactics

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, what is the best choice for a crowfunding platform ? Kickstarter ? Indiegogo ? Fig ?
    At first, i would use indiegogo. But i saw that Kickstarter was much apreciated for videogames.. after i saw that kickstarter fall down by 60% for 2016 compared to 2015...
    So what is your impression ?
    the link with very good comments :
    http://massivelyop.com/2017/02/07/vi...n-kickstarter/

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the variation of the 3 "in game" versions of the imperials drones :

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here is another great generals : Prior Magnus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the new page for the squadron. More clean and more intuitive, you can browse more easily all the drones and choice the version you want to put on your squadron.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurh View Post
    Actually, what is the best choice for a crowfunding platform ? Kickstarter ? Indiegogo ? Fig ?
    At first, i would use indiegogo. But i saw that Kickstarter was much apreciated for videogames.. after i saw that kickstarter fall down by 60% for 2016 compared to 2015...
    So what is your impression ?
    the link with very good comments :
    http://massivelyop.com/2017/02/07/vi...n-kickstarter/
    I think articles like that are of limited use to unknown devs like me (and, I'm assuming, you...my apologies if you're famous and I'm too dumb to realise ). They mostly reflect what's going on in the crowdfunding space for the big guys - the Tim Schafers, Star Citizens, Shenmue III's, and so on. Whether those guys have a good year or a bad year will greatly skew the numbers one way or another, resulting in analyses like in the article you posted. But in reality, I don't think those numbers are going to have much impact on what regular schmoes like you or I can achieve in a crowdfunding campaign.

The honeymoon period for crowdfunding - where it was a novelty, journalists would excitedly write about every obscure kickstarter campaign, and people would flock to them on a whim - finished years ago. When I ran my kickstarter campaign, there were about 200-300 live campaigns in the game category and, needless to say, the vast majority were invisible to the press and the average Joe.

Nowadays, your backers are most likely to be people who you cajoled onto your campaign page yourself: friends, family, people who know you on forums, follow you on twitter, or saw your game at PAX. Your success will rest on whether or not you can get plenty of those people to get behind you, and that likely won't have much to do with whether or not some legendary Japanese game designer raised $5M last year or only $2M.

I would think that Kickstarter is probably a better option than Indiegogo, simply because more people have heard of it, and more people are likely to already have accounts. But, as I tell anyone who'll listen, after running my own failed campaign, GO LOW! Indiegogo's main drawcard is that you get to keep whatever you raise, but there's absolutely no reason you can't do that on Kickstarter - just choose a low target and be clear with your stretch goals.

Fig seems very interesting. But you'd better have a plan B:

(from that polygon article): With Fig, there will only ever be one or two campaigns live at any time. It will be up to the advisory board to pick them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your great response ! i take all the advices

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here is another great general : Donar Heimzl.
    Little is known about General Donar Heimzl of the kingdom of Krang. The limited informations available suggest that Heimzl is an expert in sabotage operations and that his ruse equals the brutality of General Schultz during the border war with Argos ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are the final version of the drones :

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another great general : Sif Enigson. I will talk more about him soon !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most enigmatic general : Krisjos. I will talk more about him soon !

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast