User Tag List

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [ rts game ] Kwarn Armada Tactics

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking [ rts game ] Kwarn Armada Tactics

Dear clickers,
    I present you our last game : K.A.T. Kwarn Armada tactics. A RTS sci-fi game. This is just an alpha and we work hard to make a good demo with a robust engine. The way is still long before having a full game... but there is the presentation. Fill free to give to us your opinion. It is very important for us !

Kwarn Armada Tactic (K.A.T) is a real-time tactical combat game that puts you at the head of an armada of drones. Deploy drones cleverly on the ground to increase their power. Deploy them in formation to break the enemy lines, surprise the enemy or counter its assaults. Unleash your General's special powers to reverse the course of the battle.
    Somewhere between Real Time Strategy and Chess, K.A.T. will put to the test your tactical sense and speed of reflection !

In a few words :
    • A tactical and fast gameplay you've never seen before !
    • 27 different drones with 10 levels of upgrade !
    • 13 unique generals with 18 levels of upgrade !
    • 36 powers to reverse the course of battle !
    • A replayable campaign mode !
    • 8 types of game !
    • An advanced and daunting AI with 4 levels of difficulty!
    • A 2-player mode on the same screen !

While the Stellar Empire has established itself throughout the galaxy, it seems that it can no longer extend without growing weaker. Although no civilization can compete in power and strength with the stellar armies, many worlds on the periphery of the Empire secede and warlike acts are always more frequent.

After the ultimatum of Archi-Kingdom Krang, a former imperial province, Emperor Aldebaran IV appointed General Reese Sanders to lead an expeditionary force of combat drones to reduce the blockade cutting imperial iridium convoys.

The Sanders mission is crucial: without these iridium convoys, the Empire will not be able to finalize the Atlas Gates project, gigantic teleport portals that can instantly transport the equivalent of a planet anywhere, using a dimension unknown until then : the flow. Thanks to the Atlas Gates and the flow, the Empire can intervene at any point of the galaxy while continuing to expand, in search of new materials and new allies.

And time is short because the Imperial General Staff has detected a colossal source of inter-dimensional energy approaching Andromeda. A force capable of annihilating the Empire ... The entity that created the flow wakes up gently : its trap snaps shut ... matter comes to it and it will be able to feast on it as in the past. The Kwarn is gathering its forces, lurking in the void and waiting for the opening of the next dimensional portal to spread in the dimension of light.

Stay tuned...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are 9 combat drones whose characteristics can vary depending on the version you choose: light, medium or heavy.
    Your strategy depends greatly on the choice of your squadron's drones and their version.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I present you Ashley Wards. She is a general of Urani, from the 154th humanoid swarm of the Urani system, a province devoted to the Empire. Wards is a brilliant general who treats particularly logistics in his fights.
    She have 3 powers that can put on the ground some drones extremely powerfull.

In Kwarn Armada Tactics, you must pay attention to your tactics when you place the drones on the ground but the General you choice to fight is also important.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice art! Looks really polished and interesting spin on the tower defence formula.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you !

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So very promising! This definitely looks like something I would buy, because I love sci-fi, high production values, and tower defense. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on Kwarn. Of course, praise is of limited use to you at this stage of development, so here are some criticisms:

-I'm worried about the gameplay. Although I watched the trailer a few times, I still can't quite figure out how it works, which gives me a bit of emotional disconnect with it. Also, it looks very slow and passive. It appears as if the tactics all take place in the choosing and laying out of your squad, and then once the battle begins, it's all out of your hands, and all you can do is wait and see what the outcome will be. If so, then that's a worry, because the battles themselves don't look very exciting, and seem time-consuming (the great thrill of tower defense is not in setting up an impenetrable defense, but in frantically adjusting to unexpected situations mid-battle!). Perhaps speed that section up and jazz it up with more animation and effects (at the moment, the units look a bit lifeless when they're not firing, and when they do fire, it seems a bit unpredictable and unexplained). Also, it appears that the drones all have a one-shot kill ability, is that right? If so, that would obviously make placement of your drones extremely important, but I think it would significantly limit tactical depth otherwise. I imagine that once the player has mastered a few key patterns and best-practices in terms of placement, there'd be little left in terms of challenge and gameplay variety as the game progresses.

-The drones look fantastic, but way too similar to each other. I know, I know, this is just an alpha, and you've probably got plans to keep fleshing out designs as development goes on, but I figured I'd mention it anyway just in case. Each drone shares several near-identical design features, and the variations are mostly subtle. I'd suggest paying more attention to the sillhouettes of your units, to ensure that each has a unique sillhouette (that will help a player's brain quickly tell different units apart when scanning a battlefield). Probably the gold standard for how to do this sort of thing right would be the units in Starcraft 2, so maybe take some inspiration from there, if you haven't already. Every single unit in Starcraft 2 looks unique and instantly recognisable, while at the same time being very closely tied stylistically to its team (zerg, terran, or protoss). The designers did this by giving just about every unit some very unique trait, while paying careful attention to the units' silhouette, materials, color and size.

-This is a minor thing, but consider changing or removing the "Games For Windows" logo from your video (replace it with a Steam one, a more generic PC GAME logo, or just leave the windows 10 logo on its own. The reason I say that, is because the logo you've used is very similar to the "Games For Windows LIVE" logo, which was a particularly horrible Microsoft bloatware product that many PC Gamers absolutely despised. The last thing you want is to have your viewers mentally associate your game with that

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Marvel-like comic art and the overall presentation is excellent. Who is your artist?
    A agree with the critical points mentioned. The gameplay, including the lacking (visible) variety of the different drones, seems to need some spices to differentiate this from the mass of free browser games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Volnaiskra ! It is just a pleasure to read you here

I will make a gameplay video for this morning. You will see that KAT is very dynamic : i must just wait if the drone is building. You can add more drones to your squadron. It depends on the level of your general and/or your game level of XP.

I keep in mind what you said about the look of the drones.

I had modify the "Games for Windows". Many thanks for this advice !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Julian82 ! Many thanks I am the artist When i finish the preview you will see how the story of the campagne work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here is a video beetween Procyon and Vikor Schultz. I will explain all this generals after.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast