Thread: Send a command to CMD to change 'Read Only' attributes of a file

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Send a command to CMD to change 'Read Only' attributes of a file

Hi There

Is it possible to send a command from Fusion to CMD to change the 'Read Only' attributes of a file? I've looked through the forum and found only one similar example which didn't work for me.

If it is possible, maybe I've got the syntax wrong.

I've tried using the 'run application' options from Fusion itself, the Folder Object, & the file object.

via the last 2 I tried: "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /attrib +r C:\Users\John\Downloads\*.txt"

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you make an icalcs .bat file which does this, the run that from fusion?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ratty

I have no idea how to do that. What I'm trying to achieve is trying to make a folder that is only available to work colleagues as read only, but then disable the read only at night for updates to the folder.

UPDATE: I've just had a look at batch files and this could be the way to go. Thanks Ratty

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My suggestion would be a batch file too:
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If its a pro OS I'd recommend using ACL (Security tab) and restrict the folder so that only particular users have write access. Then run the update process as an account that has write access to the folder. ICACLS is a command line util used to change the ACL of a file/folder.

The read only attribute affects files within folders and not the folder itself it also doesn't prevent deletion so may not have the desired effect anyway.