User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trail of a blast disappears after colliding with another blast - Weird Problem

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trail of a blast disappears after colliding with another blast - Weird Problem

So I have this strange problem that I can't figure out how to resolve and I have passed a week around it

In my beat'n up game I have a character that shoots an object (energy blast) that leaves a trail behind. The trail is generated by another particle object that is being launched by the energy blast.

For the adversary, I cloned the same energy blast with the same particle object (also cloned), made the necessary adjustments in the event editor for the adversary to shoot it. The energy blast goes without problems but once my energy blast is launched, the trail from the adversary's energy blast disappears, when mine is not on the screen. Once I shoot mine at the same time with the one of the adversary, his will appear momentarily.

The only way for it to not dissapear is to create an object to shoot my energy blast at the same time that he is shooting his. But this sucks cause too many objects get loaded and slows the game down significantly.

I have noticed some bugs (?) before when I shoot an object and this object shoot objects too. Sometimes it gets messed up, mainly when I drag a cell that contans the launch command (in the event editor).

What could this be??? If you're not sure what I was describing, I could upload a video.. Need help

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The quickest, best way to have your problem solved would be to upload your Mfa if possible. It'll be knocked out in no time!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's hard to tell without an MFA. Even a video would probably be of limited use, unless you also supplied screenshots of all the relevant code and the object properties.

Without an MFA to look at, we can only speculate. The only advice I can come up with is to make sure that you're 100% sure that you're correctly separating the adversary trails and the player trails in the code. Does each have their own code? Or are there some events that deal with the creation/animation/destruction process for the trails for both types of trails? If so, you'll need to find a way to let the event know which type of trail you're talking about, so that it doesn't try to manipulate/destroy both at once. Again, it's hard to be helpful without seeing your code.

Obviously don't upload your whole game here - but if you can isolate the relevant bits of the code and copy them into a separate MFA to upload here, then it'll be easier for people to see what's going wrong.

EDIT: emerson beat me to it

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing is that, the game contains adult content.. so I'm a little embarrassed to expose it here and I don't know if it goes against the rules here.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe make an example MFA that replicates the issue? It could be that you're reaching the object limit (which you can increase from the frame properties).

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im more curious to see it now lol

It sounds on paper that your events sets the particle to an object with no event to separate them. Which in turn means that when you have two of the same blast it sets it to one of them. If this is the case use flags or alt. values to separate. A simple way would be to take your particle object, create an alt value and call it "ID"

Always
    -Create particle_object at 0,0 Blast_object
    -Set alt value ID to Fixed Value of blast_object

Only one action when event loops
    +ID of particle_object is equal to Fixed ID of blast_object
    -Set position to 0,0 of blast_object.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I removed the adult content. You can have a look to see if it is me that sucks in logic or if it's a bug or so..

I hope you guys can look it up. When you start the application, press \ (next to 1) and "q" at the same time to select the adversary character where it is easy to see this problem and press only "q" to select for the player. (You can select other characters by pressing other keys, but for this purpose it's easier to see with both being the same character).

For the computer controled character, go to the event editor and look for CPU->Real powers - MIDSUN
    For the player controled character look for Player->Real powers - MIDSUN

In the game keep pressing the Ctrl button for a few seconds for your character to burst the energy blast.

If you have any doubts of what you're looking, write here and I reply asap.

I would be eternaly grateful if you guys could help me resolve this somehow..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/38nw73abfm...kteam.mfa?dl=0

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something more I have noticed, after my trail is in the gamearea, the adversary's trail disappears when he shots (when I'm not pressing Ctrl). But sometimes when I burst he returns to normal. It's like there is a switch sometimes... Sooooo weird

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It looks like your using an old build of Fusion -- 284 so you should check with Steam and get updated to build 288.3
    Also you should register your Steam account here on the forums -- Just click the community passport link above and add your profile info.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone looked it up? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast