User Tag List

Thread: Qualifiers within global active objects

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Qualifiers within global active objects

Is there a way I can use qualifier objects in a global active object?

The reason I ask is because I'm working on a platform game, which will most likely require multiple frames for each world/section the player gets to. I do NOT want to have to keep copy/paste the platform engine code on every frame that requires platform action. So I want to condense most of the code/script inside the player object, which will be a global object.

Which is the best method for this without too much copy/paste of the exact same code through 10+ frames?

Also, I can't seem to paste qualifier actions into global events either, which is going to be a pain for me.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Qualifiers cannot be combined with Global Events or Behaviors due to some severe bugs that can result from it. That being said, if you really want to try anyways, there are still a few work-arounds that haven't been patched out. I don't remember them off the top of my head, but searching around the forums should eventually get you what you're looking for.

That being said, if you'd rather not risk running into bugs that literally cannot be fixed without re-doing 99% of your engine code (e.g. to remove the qualifiers), you can also make an external level editor for your game. If you would rather use CF2.5's frame editor for building levels, but still want a level saving/loading system so you can have all of your game code in one frame, then here's an example that you may want to look in to: https://community.clickteam.com/threads/84185-Array-Level-Builder-for-Fusion-2-5-(variation-on-Shawn-s-example-of-the-same-name)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think a level editor will cut it. What we're planning is an environmental platform game where there will most likely be civilized areas, shops, etc. as well as the dungeon runs. So I don't think a level editor will work for this situation.

Unless "level editor" as in create everything based on global values. But I would have to consider not using backdrops. Mainly because you don't have full control over them as you do active objects, unfortunately.

I REALLY wish they found a way to fix whatever bugs with global qualifiers. It would help me SO much. :-/

I'll take a look at the link, but I doubt I could make anything with it.

EDIT: Looked at the array examples. Hmm.... Array Level builder 2.5 does NOT work well as a flash export, but no problems exporting. The original Array Level Builder seems to play fine as a flash export, but has contained some errors when exporting.

Also, how would this work for different scales of levels? Like if level 1 was 500x100, then level 2 was, 250x500 in terms of where to go. My guess is something like set virtual width and virtial height when loading a particular level like this?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to clarify, you can use qualifiers for global Active Objects. But you can't use qualifiers inside behaviours of any Objects (whether they happen to be global or not)

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can actually, it's a "bug" that hasnt been fixed but beware, the reason Clickteam dont support this officially is because there is a risk of the MFA corrupting. With that said the ones i know that use this method has never had any issues, but make weekly backups just to be safe.

https://community.clickteam.com/threads/66665-Use-Qualifiers-in-Gloabal-event-and-Behaviors

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea. What i think im going to do is to maintain all the game logic in 1 single frame, and load all the level structure depending on different values. That might be best.

My only concern is, is there a limit on the # of conditions per frame? Im already 300+ something, i think. If there is no limit on this, then I SHOULD be good.

Though i fully do. NOT understand the use of the array object, but i have another idea how i want to load different levels in 1 frame, as long as things go well.

Globaal qualifiers in object behaviors or in global events would be my last resort thouh. Thanks anyway.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is technically a limit on how many events you can have, but IIRC, it was in the tens of thousands, if not higher. I think it may have been a lower limit at some point, but IIRC Clickteam found a way to fix it so it was as close to unlimited as they could really feasibly get.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright thanks for the info.

Basically what I did was load/create all the active object level assets based on the current global value. Then deleted the active objects that are used as backdrops once they have been placed/added in the game as backdrop objects.
    I didn't need the array object for it at this time, since there is nothing really going to be modified by the player.

Least for me, this is probably the best work around for not needing global object qualifiers, or qualifiers in object behaviors. Thanks for the help anyway guys.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    the wen testing the number of event lines i cud hav for my game i remember it bugging out for me sumwhere past 11,000 lines if i recall correctly.

i don't know if the number of conditions on each one of the lines makes a difference tho.