User Tag List

Thread: How to I remove unwanted objects from list?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to I remove unwanted objects from list?

So for example, lets say I have the game create an object in the code, but does not create from the start. The later I decide I do NOT want that object after all. So I remove the object form the code.

However, doing this the object REMAINS in the list. How do I get rid of the object entirely from the list? I tried placing it on the editor, and then deleting the object again. It STILL stuck in the list. Any reason why it is doing this?

Yes, I saved the mfa with the object not being created at all. The said object does NOT appear in event editor, but STILL remains in the object list in map editor. I am trying to remove it completely.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Are you sure you don't have an event creating the object?
    If you do then Fusion won't remove it from the object shelf.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am 100% sure.
    Do you need the MFA to show you I am sure nothing is creating the said object?

As I said, the object is NOT in the event editor. ONLY the map editor.

*SIGH*..... The only thing I can think of is just copy/paste everything else (used objects + event codes) on to a brand new frame, and leave the unused objects out.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you have deleted the objects from the frame editor but they are still in the object list?

Have you tried adding it to the frame, enabling create at start, and then removing it?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried re-booting CF2.5? That can sometimes clean up a few unused objects, just in case you haven't tried that yet.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also make sure "load on call' is unchecked on those objects that you want to delete.

If the objects are still there after closing and reloading your MFA, then you might be suffering from ghost (aka undeletable) objects. More info about that problem on this thread, including a [tedious, and involving trial and error] solution: https://community.clickteam.com/threads/97506-I-just-discovered-that-75-bad-objects-that-can-t-be-deleted-in-my-game-What-now

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have done EVERYTHING you have suggested.

Yes. It sounds like they are suffering from ghost objects (refusing to be deleted). It sounds like it is a known issue. I have no clue why.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad objects are actually a pretty rare issue in CF2.5. This is one of maybe 2 or 3 or so reports I can think of that weren't able to be easily solved. Compare that to MMF2, where I myself ran into bad objects scarily often.

That being said, if you can try to remember what you were doing to cause the issue, I'm sure Clickteam would love to hear about the issue here: http://bugbox.clickteam.com/

You can also provide a private MFA file upload if you so desire (though you have to specifically mark it as such, if you don't have to mark the entire bug itself as private... I forget exactly how that works), which could help Clickteam figure out the source of the issue.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, if it's the issue that was described in the thread I posted, Yves is already aware of it, and apparently has some idea of how it gets created (something to do with "create object" events not working 100% correctly). And they're not that rare - the person who stared that thread had 75 of them

N64Mario: It's easy enough to solve, though a bit tedious: just delete and recreate all "create object" actions in your code (even to unrelated objects), and the phantom objects should go away once you reload the MFA.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No;........ I did EXACTLY that. Removed EVERY conditions, created the unused ones again, and removed the create line again. They are STILL there, unfortunately. :-/

EDIT: Okay so that is weird... I THINK, it MIGHT to do something with the .001 file save, as well as what you're saying with creating objects... I'll do some more further investigation.
    What I did was make a new .mfa save, remove the entire script from the frame. then save. and removed the file.001 from the game.... It sort of worked. But no game script.....

EDIT 2: YUP. That's EXACTLY what it was. Removed all created objects from frame, then saved. Removed the save.001 file. Opened the mfa file back up, and I was able to remove the objects.

That is a VERY strange bug. :-/