User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do you use "never"?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you use "never"?

Every time I see the condition "never", I always think to myself that it looks really useful, but I'm yet to ever use it (I guess my motto is 'never say never', har har har). Do you guys use it, and if so, how?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mainly use it to temporarily deactivate an Event when i test my Application.
    Im unsure if the Never condition can actually prevent Actions from triggering, but would be fun to check if this is possible

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope i NEVER use it ;-D but to be serious... I don't think i've ever used it. 1-2 times maybe maximum but i can't remember why haha

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never ever I used never, I didn't pull this useless lever.
    No - I mean, you have the convenient possibility to toggle events on and off with groups, which makes this condition primarily a good supplement.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Cool View Post
    Im unsure if the Never condition can actually prevent Actions from triggering, but would be fun to check if this is possible
    I just assumed it did. But actually, I just tried this, and it didn't work as I expected:

I expected that event #3 would prevent the application from closing in #4, but no, it still closes. So what does never actually do?

EDIT: according to the help file:
    Never inserts a blank event line in the Event editor of your application. All of the actions inserted on this line will never happen during application runtime.
    I think a reasonable understanding of that second sentence would expect that event #4 above wouldn't trigger. But it seems like never merely nullifies that particular event. If so, that's a misleading name IMO. It really should be called something like don't, null, or maybe later

Oh well, I guess it's back to never saying never...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was useful before Activate/Deactivate a line was added. But those commands essentially make Never redundant.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, 'Never' was simply a method to deactivate an event. Nothing more about it

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you asked, I always wondered about this too! Interesting stuff!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone saying it's meant to be used only to temporarily disable event lines is absolutely correct. This was NEVER meant for making logical code, ONLY to disable a line for the sake of debugging etc. Now that you can actually disable and enable lines its completely redundant.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Never for debugging stuff.

Step 1: Create an event to test out a feature
    Step 2: When you no longer need that event, I put in the Never
    Step 3: Leave that there in case I ever need to test that out again, remove the never status when I do.

SUPER helpful.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast