User Tag List

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: volCAMERA: a powerful camera engine for Clickteam Fusion 2.5

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Volnaiskra thanks, i'd really appreciate it, it's stumped me completely!

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Volnaiskra
    Apologies for the bump. But, I'm having a little bit of trouble with volCAMERA and can't pinpoint exactly how to resolve the issue.

The scrolling is fine if I don't switch to full screen. You can see the character will go all the way to the left wall (same with the right wall, floor, ceiling). If I switch to full screen at the title screen and then go to the next frame, there's an issue where the camera won't scroll all the way to the edge as it should. And finally, in the last example, if I switch to full screen while already in the level, the camera scrolling works as expected. How do I fix this problem? Thanks!

https://youtu.be/bfcBOVBRpis

Edit: It looks like disabling the 'vC - Boundaries: LERP' group fixed it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xhedgehogx View Post
    @Volnaiskra
    Apologies for the bump. But, I'm having a little bit of trouble with volCAMERA and can't pinpoint exactly how to resolve the issue.

The scrolling is fine if I don't switch to full screen. You can see the character will go all the way to the left wall (same with the right wall, floor, ceiling). If I switch to full screen at the title screen and then go to the next frame, there's an issue where the camera won't scroll all the way to the edge as it should. And finally, in the last example, if I switch to full screen while already in the level, the camera scrolling works as expected. How do I fix this problem? Thanks!

https://youtu.be/bfcBOVBRpis

Edit: It looks like disabling the 'vC - Boundaries: LERP' group fixed it.
    I think you need to manually tell volCAMERA what dimensions your game is running at (see below)

What's probably happening is that the camera boundaries are being incorrectly placed. Where they must be placed depends on your game's resolution, but since I had no way of knowing what your resolution would be, I had write some code that would try and figure it out for itself. So vC tries to read your game's resolution when you first run it, and calculate where the boundaries should be based on that. But it's an imperfect system, and fails if you use a fake fullscreen method (eg. Ultimate Fullscreen, or DX11 mode fullsreen). Because in a 'fake fullscreen' mode, your game (which is, let's say, 640x480) gets scaled up but your monitor's resolution (which is, let's say 2560x1440) remains unchanged.

So, volCAMERA sees that your game is using 2560x1440, so it thinks that your gameworld is 2560x1440. But really, even though your game is now displayed using all 2560x1440 physical pixels of your monitor, your gameworld is still just 640x480, but scaled up. if were to tell your code to move an enemy 640 pixels to the right, it would of course move it all the way across the screen, yet it would traverse 2560 physical pixels to get there. So this confuses volCAMERA, and it places the boundaries in the wrong spot.

;TLDR
    Manually enter the dimensions of your game's north, south, east and west edges here:

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah thank you for the clear explanation on that. I was looking at that event, for whatever reason it didn't even occur to me to manually enter the dimensions in there. DX11 fullscreen seems like its the culprit for me here.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11