User Tag List

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: volCAMERA: a powerful camera engine for Clickteam Fusion 2.5

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did consider this might work, but not quite :/

For this particular instance, this is almost perfect:

But there must be a more scientific way to arrive at this?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll PM you the latest version. Please tell me if the Instant Teleport feature works as intended for you.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    I'll PM you the latest version. Please tell me if the Instant Teleport feature works as intended for you.
    Thanks so much, I will do! I'm interested in why there's that extra -/+130 pixels needed adding to get the old VolCam to match positions, I'll try the brand new version too but it's become a kind of facination now I would have thought converting catchup to pixel positions would have worked but not quite, maybe I need to add jump/fall catchup onto it too; that would explain why if I hold still, the x-coordinates are instant?

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new volCam is really awesome, teleport works perfectly! I'm not sure why I can't get it to see the full west edge of the frame, I even punched in 0 manually but it's still not going all the way to the edge?

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Volnaiskra i pm'ed you an example with volcam 1.5, still having issues with perfect teleporting though and carrying over any catchup precisely.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elvisish View Post
    @Volnaiskra i pm'ed you an example with volcam 1.5, still having issues with perfect teleporting though and carrying over any catchup precisely.
    I'm not sure what you mean. I've looked at your MFA, and I can't see any catchup lag. When I freeze-frame it, I can see that as soon as you teleport the player, both the target and the camera immediately move to the player. Both target and camera have the exact same X and Y coordinates, which shows that catchup was nullified successfully. (it takes a frame for the HUD to display this change, but that's just the HUD - you can see the updated coordinates on the camera/target objects themselves). I even took 60fps FRAPS footage of it and looked at it frame-by-frame in After Effects just to make sure. I definitely can't see the problem. You'll have to take some footage or something to help me understand what problem you're having.

By the way, your MFA didn't work properly on my computer until I disabled the "Maximised on boot-up" setting. The top of the screen was cropped, with the red area and the player both off-screen. It took me a while to figure out why, but it's because that setting alters the data given by the Window Control Object, which volCAMERA uses to try and automatically determine your game's resolution. Although your game's internal resolution remains 640x360 even when maximised, the Window Control Object measures real physical pixels, so it suddenly reports your game as having a resolution of 2560x1440. And volCAMERA uses this (technically correct but misleading) resolution to determine where your game's camera edges are. This is probably the root of the problem you mentioned earlier about not being able to see the boundary of the screen properly.

To fix this, you'll need to hard-code your game's resolution by changing events 542 and 909 from this:

to this:

EDIT: Actually, there's a better way to automatically determine the internal resolution of the game, without using the Window Control Object at all. I'll employ it in the next version. It's this:

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Major new version: volCAMERA 1.51

There's a major new version of volCAMERA (1.51). I grew tired of waiting for it to come through the Clickstore backlog (it's been in there for a full month now), so you can now also get it over on itch.io. If you've previously bought volCAMERA on the Clickstore, you can either wait for the update to come online at the Clickstore, or PM me with your order number and I'll give you an itch.io key. Please note that because this is a fairly thorough overhaul of volCAMERA, it's not compatible with earlier versions. That means that you'll need to entirely remove all old volCAMERA objects and code from your MFA before you can import version 1.51.

New features:

--Look up/down feature with customisable timing, speed, distance, and springback.

--Camera "marshalls" that you can use to shepherd camera to/away from specific areas.

--Cutscene mode (control camera independent of player) with two example cutscenes in demo

--Camera tremble: 3 presets of ongoing camera vibration that can combine with Camera Shake

--Instant Teleport Mode: instantly snap to player after moving large distances

--DrunkCam. Simulate inebriation/poisoning with a customisable effect that combines double-vision, sway, blur, and other goodies. (unfortunately I can't show a GIF because the double-vision effect is based on alternate frames, which would not only require a 60fps GIF but also annihilate the GIF compression algorithm)
    --Effortless tweaking: all your camera settings are auto-saved and will auto-apply on subsequent launches.

Much better HUD:

--Tweak camera settings in real-time, see how the camera engine works under the hood
    --HUD now has more features, yet consumes fewer resources when on, and virtually no resources when off
    --new HUD looks better and is just 19% of old HUD size
    --New low-res HUD mode for pixelart games retains all major functionality at just 3% (!) of old HUD size
    --All HUDs can be respositioned at runtime with numpad.
    --New miniHUD mode shows various key camera info at just 1% of old HUD size

Other improvements:

--Performance improvements. Up to 190% faster in both HUD-on and HUD-off modes (as measured by volPROFILER)
    --Demo is more feature rich, informative, and user friendly
    --Camera shake movement now more graceful and satisfying
    --Improved clarity and helpfulness of many comments, including installation instructions
    --Less clutter in your Frame Editor. Footprint of most objects is smaller, and you can now place all vC elements how and where you like in the Frame Editor.
    --Arrow keys now work in the demo too, not just WASD
    --All volCAMERA objects have a cohesive new visual style, to more easily differentiate them from the rest of your game's objects
    --Added custom qualifier icons for volCAMERA's two qualifiers (icons will only display if 2.5+ DLC is present)
    --No longer requires Window Control Object or File Object

Fixes:

--Fixed issue where camera boundaries could display incorrectly in the demo
    --Fixed issue where left/right overshoot wouldn't work if jump overshoot was disabled
    --Fixed (demo): player no longer gets stuck in wall
    --Changed method of automatically determining internal game resolution, to prevent wrong calculations in certain fullscreen or maximised modes
    --Various other fixes

You can buy it here: https://volnaiskra.itch.io/volcamera and (eventually) here: https://clickstore.clickteam.com/volcamera

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really is an awesome update, the look around is something I really wanted in the original volCam so this is a really welcome update!

You could try making a 60fps webm clip, I tend to use those for example videos are they're a much more modern algorithm than gif (uses png, effectively), here's the tool I use if it helps: https://atomisystems.com/activepresenter/

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure what you mean. I've looked at your MFA, and I can't see any catchup lag. When I freeze-frame it, I can see that as soon as you teleport the player, both the target and the camera immediately move to the player. Both target and camera have the exact same X and Y coordinates, which shows that catchup was nullified successfully. (it takes a frame for the HUD to display this change, but that's just the HUD - you can see the updated coordinates on the camera/target objects themselves). I even took 60fps FRAPS footage of it and looked at it frame-by-frame in After Effects just to make sure. I definitely can't see the problem. You'll have to take some footage or something to help me understand what problem you're having.
    This is repositioning me randomly along the x-axis and back to the still-centerable top of the level (*not* high enough so that the screen can't be centered still): https://imgur.com/XCXf2Zk

This is the same with volCam 1.5: https://imgur.com/XCXf2Zk

Both don't take into account the catchup on the reposition, I'm trying to get it so that the object is still in exactly the same place relatively on the screen on teleport, so the relative visable position of the player is unchanged as far as the camera position is concerned. You can see the player moves up a bit and to the left/right a bit (depending on the direction moving) as the teleport is re-catching up to the players new position.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dope update! Pm'd u my order number for itch

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast