Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: volCAMERA: a powerful camera engine for Clickteam Fusion 2.5

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Vol,

I've been playing around with this, it's great. I noticed that when the demo places the boundary lines, you mixed up numbers of times to call the loop for the positioning of the X and Y boundaries.

Line 317 reads:
    - Start loop "place volCAMERA X boundaries" Ceil(Frame Width / 1000) + 1 times
    - Start loop "place volCAMERA Y boundaries" Ceil(Frame Height/ 1000) + 1 times

and it should read:
    - Start loop "place volCAMERA X boundaries" Ceil(Frame Height/ 1000) + 1 times
    - Start loop "place volCAMERA Y boundaries" Ceil(Frame Width/ 1000) + 1 times

Cheers

Peter

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know if Vol is still around but anyone run into an issue of the camera not reseting correctly when restarting the frame?

edit: issue seems to happen when the level starts at a frame edge. movied it to the middle.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still pop my head in from time to time. But I'm trying to spend a lot less time on forums and other potential distractions this year, as I really need to get off my butt and get Spryke finished!

Thanks for spotting and reporting that, PBarwick. I'll have a look at it.

Zip, I'm not sure what you mean. If you can elaborate the issue a bit I'll definitely look into fixing it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see you

I was making a small platformer as a sideproject, the game window is quite small (320x180) and if i have the level start at the top left edge it starts correctly but if i reload the frame (same level layout) the camera doesnt reset on the player object but it's roughly 96 pixels to the right and down and it doesnt want to follow the player correctly. But when I enlarge the frame and place the level in the middle (with a whole bunch of nothing around it) it doesn't seem to have the issues.

edit: i made a gif. as you can see post-death it starts at right and then doesnt want to go all the way up after that. I'm guessing it's the frame limit it sets somewhere.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm. Any chance you could PM me the mfa?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Vol, I've pm-ed you an example, I'm trying to figure what's causing the jitter, could you take a look if you're not busy? Thanks!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool. I'll try and look at it this week. Sorry for the slowness.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    Cool. I'll try and look at it this week. Sorry for the slowness.
    No problem, I'm still trying to figure out what's causing the jitter, I'm sure it's something simple but I can't figure it out!

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Volnaiskra did you get my PM?

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it might be to do with a slight fall judder, but I'm not quite sure how to fix it. If I focus the camera on the player, it doesn't happen, so I think there's some catchup judder happening somewhere?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast