User Tag List

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: volCAMERA: a powerful camera engine for Clickteam Fusion 2.5

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *bump**bump**bump*

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you change the boundaries?
    No matter what I change the west edge is always 1500.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Volnaiskra are you still around?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bump bump bump

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vol's left the building?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would try Twitter

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last Activity 25th May 2018 01:56

Have you tried to send a PM?

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might try Twitter, tried PMs to no avail.

If there's any other VolCam experts that fancy taking a look at a float jitter issue I'm having with it, I'd be most grateful.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A month later, still no luck :/

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the very long delay, everyone. I've been in a cave all year.

@elvisish : I believe the jitteriness you're experiencing is caused by the platform movement object (PMO) object, and not volCAMERA. If you turn off all the volCAM code, it's still jittery. As you say, it's smooth if you force the frame to centre on the character, but if you look closely, you'll see that that just makes the moving scenery (pine trees etc.) jittery instead. I don't know why the PMO does this. Perhaps it's microstuttering-related. Or perhaps the PMO object doesn't use floating point calculations for its movement.

Either way, switching to custom movement engine (either your own one, or something like Rage's engine) should eradicate the problem. I only ever included the PMO object in volCAMERA as a quick and dirty way to demonstrate how it works. The idea was always that people ultimately connect volCAMERA to their own pre-existing movement engine.

@Retrobolt : I believe this setting in your MFA is causing the issue:

What seems to be happening is that when this code tries to calculate the dimensions of your frame:

it doesn't calculate the X dimension from your MFA's resolution (1920x1080), but because your game is zoomed to fullscreen, it uses instead the maximimsed resolution of your entire screen (I'm guessing 3000x2000 - Microsoft Surface Book?). When I run the MFA on my 2560x1440 screen, the West Edge actually becomes 1280

You could fix the problem by turning off "maximize on boot-up" or by using "change resolution mode" in the MFA settings. But there's also a simple way to fix it in the volCAMERA code.

The point of using the window control object as I have was just to make volCAMERA automatically adapt to your game's resolution, without you having to do anything. Since I couldn't know your game's resolution in advance, I used the Window Control Object to try and calculate it on the fly. But as we can see, it fails to do that properly if you happen to be using the "maximized at boot up" setting. That's ok. Since you do know your game's resolution (1920 x 1080), just can just hard code the values in yourself, like below (feel free to delete the Window Control Object from your frame afterwards). The bottom-most event is the only one that really matters for the engine - all the other ones are just for the demo HUD and stuff.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast