User Tag List

Thread: Help: Extension-less text blitter type writer, with green text for important items?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help: Extension-less text blitter type writer, with green text for important items?

I was looking at this tutorial on a very simple text blitter example, with NO extensions.
    http://www.diybandits.com.au/MMF/tut...textblit2.html

However, this tutorial is missing ONE ingredient. The GREEN text for things like important items, or places. The tutorial only goes so far as doing the regular text by itself.
    So I was wondering, how would I be able to update/add to the MFA to use both regular, AND its unused green text font?

And before you say anything, I am already aware of the advance text blitting engine under that websites Examples page. Unfortunately, I can NOT make heads or tails out of that engine. So I was hoping to use the text blitter tutorial 1, but to add the unused green text in the mfa.

Any help would be appreciated.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You already have a complete blitting engine using a white character set, and you know how to skip undesirable characters out of the source text with Mid$ (thanks to the tutorial).

-Make a new animation in your Character object by copying the original and coloring it green.
    -Decide on a "trigger" character for your source text that tells the Blitter object when to blit that character set instead of the original white. It could be something you don't use often, like ^ or |, doesn't really matter as it won't actually be printed out.
    -Give the Blitter object a value - named something like "blitGreen" - and toggle it whenever your trigger character is encountered. Whenever "blitGreen" = 0, you have the blitter change any newly created Character object's animation sequence to "white", and when it = 1, you change to "green". A simple way to toggle an alterable value between 0 and 1 is:

Set blitGreen to (blitGreen + 1) mod 2

So as an example, your source text is: "Hello, my name is ^Casleziro^. Nice to meet you!"

When the Blitter reaches the first "^", blitGreen changes from 0 to 1 and the Blitter object starts blitting from the green character set. When it reaches the next "^", it is changed from 1 back to 0 and returns to blitting white characters. Use the same method as the tutorial used to exempt the "^" from your blitted text.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - SOLVED -

Well, the mfa already includes tileset 1 (the white text), and tileset 2, which is the green text that I want for important items/names. However, it is not used in the first tutorial at all. Though it seems to be used for later tutorials, but not for the of text typewriter.
    Interestingly enough the [character] object Alt.Value B is named Tileset, with value set to 1. Unfortunately this seems to have no use either.

One more thing. This tutuorial does not explain how to do typing sound effect for each letter typed, and NO sound for spacing in between each word. So I am unsure how to go about that for this kind of text blitter.

EDIT: I came up with this method:

- Type 1:

Where ID is 83 and 84 are < and > respectively. Unfortunately I would HATE to replace 2 things, let alone any kind of text. But I guess I'll take what I can get?

Actually, I just found another way:
    - Type 2:

This one uses just ^ to toggle the type text flag. Still replaces a character, but whatever.

Can't seem to share a file here, so I have upload it somewhere else.
    If anyone is interested to see the modified code of color/type change.
    - Type 1 uses < and > to change text color.
    - Type 2 uses only ^ to toggle the new color flag.

EDIT 2: AND I just figured out a plan for the typing sound.

Pretty much if the text is not a line break, or a space, it will play the type sound for everything else.