User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chinese downloads down by 90%

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Chinese downloads down by 90%

For a long while there have been a message on iTunes Connect about changes in the chinese law of cencur and licence. "Chinese law now requires online games to secure an approval number from the State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film, and Television. ". There is a link to a site in chinese after this. So far I have not noticed anything strange, but after updating my app on the 3:rd of april I have noticed a huge drop in downloads from China. The strange thing is that this drop was not only for the app I updated, but for all my apps. I got a drop in downloads of about 80-90% from China, and it is a big deal since China was one of my top download countries.

Have anyone else noticed this? I am unsure if this got triggered somehow because I made an update to one of my apps and that got me in the spotlight of this, or if this is a general decrease for everyone?

Also, have anyone looked into getting an approval number for China? I read an article and it seems totally crazy insane and involves sending an actual device to the China goverment with the game on it to be approved!: https://zhugeex.com/2016/07/the-chal...game-in-china/

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't sell in China anymore, ever since everything was getting blocked, and Tax wise. I am pretty sure Google made an announcement about the Apps for China.
    in my account, I can't select China anymore, it's crossed out.
    I am guessing this is the same for IOS.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at that link

Anything that violates China’s constitution
    Anything that threatens China’s national unity, sovereignty, or territorial integrity.
    Anything that harms the nation’s reputation, security, or interests.
    Anything that instigates racial/ethnic hatred, or harms ethnic traditions and cultures.
    Anything that violates China’s policy on religion by promoting cults or superstitions.
    Anything that promotes or incites obscenity, drug use, violence, or gambling.
    Anything that harms public ethics or China’s culture and traditions.
    Anything that insults, slanders, or violates the rights of others.
    Other content that violates the law

All my Slot machines are done for there..
    Violence... Ads contain some of it.. so pretty much no ads can be run...
    and if you have blood in your game, or fight etc... is a no go either.

Makes it's pretty much useless to sell in China

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not noticed anything though until now though (april 3rd). I had good download numbers until then, but now after I updated one of my apps I noticed this drop in downloads from China for all my apps. Have you also noticed a drop from april 3:rd onwards on China downloads? (iOS)

Forum Moderator

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't even post for China anymore. Same with 4-5 other countries..

I did notice a drop in Admob since last week.. but idk if there are other countries being blocked now.
    Didn't have time to look into it yet.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    I have not noticed anything though until now though (april 3rd). I had good download numbers until then, but now after I updated one of my apps I noticed this drop in downloads from China for all my apps. Have you also noticed a drop from april 3:rd onwards on China downloads? (iOS)
    In my case it was in Japan, my game 'Umi Force Unlimited' was with downloads per day between 600 and 800 in that country and from 4 April was 6.

Forum Moderator

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am pretty sure, there was an e-mail with several countries in it.

China, Cuba, Iran, Burma are not available for me for Android.

Japan is still active for Android.

idk why I can't select China though.. think it's a government thing if you are in the USA.. But don't quote me on that

From the web:

How does Google Play function in China?

As of February, 2017 — it doesn’t It’s banned. You need to bypass the GFW in order to use it. I haven’t seen Google Play pre-installed on Chinese phones but I suspect that its not illegal. I’ve seen Facebook pre-installed on a few Chinese phones — although maybe those were intended for export? On the Chinese app stores you can find and download apps that don’t work in China. I can easily download Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or any other blocked app. It just won’t work if I try to use it without a VPN.

Besides Google Play, many Chinese companies have made their own app stores in order to account for such a massive hole in the Android Market.

Tencent MyApp (腾讯应用宝) is the most popular. Smart phone makers like Huawei, Xiaomi, and Chuizi offer their own Android app stores pre-installed on their phones. I find that Tencent’s MyApp offers the most amount of apps (both Chinese and foreign).

edit 2: https://www.engadget.com/2017/02/06/...na-play-store/

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    blame donald :P

Forum Moderator

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danjo View Post
    blame donald :p
    lmao........

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji_Kabuto View Post
    In my case it was in Japan, my game 'Umi Force Unlimited' was with downloads per day between 600 and 800 in that country and from 4 April was 6.
    Hm that is strange, the new cencur rule is only for China and in iOS. As for Android I thought that China did not allow Google Play store for a long time. But this new rule is for the iOS store.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast