Thread: Problems with building a Sub-Application

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problems with building a Sub-Application

Hello again,
    I stumbled upon a potential issue in regards to applying a sub application to another application:
    1. I made the requested sub-application's type as "sub application" with "maximum" compression.
    2. For the main application, I made a frame exclusively for the sub application and applied the sub application object on the frame.
    3. I've made the object transfer the .mfa app on to the main app and applied the option to stretch the screen when active, and also import global values and player controls from the main app.
    4. Upon attempting to test it, the program requests that the imported app must be built (as a ccn file) before being tested. So I agreed to it, and tested the frame.

These are the results:

The game starts normally until it reaches a point where it requires the timer object to run properly: especially when it is right after the beginning of the frame.
    Because of how the game acts, the basic "timer" is used to spawn the player and enemies in their proper place before the player takes control.
    When tested by itself, the game runs fine; however, when run from the main app as a sub, the timer is probably on the fritz because either the player character spawns too late or not at all, and some enemies do not spawn when required to. I didn't test a whole bunch as the sub app is still unfinished, but this is a major problem I must fix before releasing the game.

P.S: I will throw the game into the Install Creator; so after I fix this problem, what other problems should I be prepared for when using the IC.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Never tested how "timer" is handled across sub-apps,
    but since you are sharing global values,
    perhaps you could try dedicating one to "timer" of the main-app,
    so you can retrieve that from the sub-app and hopefully expect it being synced properly?

(or just make a custom "my_timer" global value, always increasing it by 1, and code spawn events accordingly on the subapp)

Don't own the Install Creator, can't answer that, sorry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for replying!
    Sorry I'm a little late on responding, but I had to fiddle around more with the sub app options before answering back.

After doing some codework, I've realized that the timers weren't the problem.
    What I did was I replaced all the necessary timer commands that has to do with greater or lower than and instructed it to a "time and date" object (it resets and starts every time the frame begins). The game behaved the exact same as it did before the change; however, it was just as wonky when running as a sub app (for some random reasons, some objects even goes missing when the frame starts).

After a few more fiddling, I realized it has something to do with the frame rate.
    - At its normal sub app state, the game's frame rate behaves as it should; however, objects cannot spawn appropriately when the frame begins.
    -But if the option to make it a pop-up window has been checked (and an option to make the app "something that starts with the letter M" that is far below the pop up option has been checked), The window frame will be white, the app cannot be closed, the objects now spawn consistently at the start of frame; however, the frame rate will lose its mind and exceeds far beyond sixty.

As an exe., it works without error: I can even open it as a external executional from the main app with no problem. Nevertheless, another problem arises when the now independent sub app is required to retrieve the global values and the player controls from the main app. How on earth do you do that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just remembered the "M" option was called modal and it is only applicable if the "sub app object" option has pop up checked.
    Sorry for being so vague.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it's been a long time since I used a sub-app (if I ever used one), but you shouldn't face any issues with IC.