Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: General questions about Clickteam

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

General questions about Clickteam

My client thought that we could create a thread where people could ask general questions about Clickteam. She thought that this thread could be for everyone, not just her. Others can post questions here as well. Her first question is about this: she has renamed a few files, some of them even twice. She would like to know, why Clickteam doesn't change the name automatically; it still shows the name that she had first given them:

Her next questions concern the limitations in the free version:
    1. She has read that she can have only 30 objects, but she has noticed that she can have more than 30 duplicates. She would like to know, up to how many duplicates can she have in one file.
    2. She has read that she can have up to 150 events in one file. Does it mean only the ones that are in the red box in number 1 or does it also mean the ones that are in the blue box? So that you would count all of the ones that are in the red box in number 2:

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryblossom View Post
    Her first question is about this: she has renamed a few files, some of them even twice. She would like to know, why Clickteam doesn't change the name automatically; it still shows the name that she had first given them:
    I assume you meant that she renamed them in Windows, rather than within the Clickteam Fusion program, yes?

This is simply an odd idiosyncrasy of Fusion: the name of your project (in the above case, "Application 18") is separate to the name of your file. So renaming one will not affect the name of the other. To have the filename be consistent with the project name, you must rename both, manually. That is, you must rename the file name (which is done in Windows Explorer), and the project name (which is done in Fusion). Remember to only rename the file in windows explorer when that file is not loaded in Fusion, as that would cause Fusion to lose track of the file.

I personally find this idiosyncrasy very annoying. Sometimes it's impossible to know what file you actually have open, since multiple files can have the same project name!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Regarding the application title, this happens when you create a new application in that session. So if you click File > New the new application will be titled Application 1, if you again start a new application in the same session it will be called Application 2. These are just defaults that you can change.

1. You can have unlimited duplicates
    2. An event is entirely that (picture number 2). So the number to the left 1,2,3,4,5 is your event count. You can have up to 150 events. It doesn't count the amount of conditions nor actions.
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    I assume you meant that she renamed them in Windows, rather than within the Clickteam Fusion program, yes?

This is simply an odd idiosyncrasy of Fusion: the name of your project (in the above case, "Application 18") is separate to the name of your file. So renaming one will not affect the name of the other. To have the filename be consistent with the project name, you must rename both, manually. That is, you must rename the file name (which is done in Windows Explorer), and the project name (which is done in Fusion). Remember to only rename the file in windows explorer when that file is not loaded in Fusion, as that would cause Fusion to lose track of the file.

I personally find this idiosyncrasy very annoying. Sometimes it's impossible to know what file you actually have open, since multiple files can have the same project name!
    Thank you for clearing this up!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    2. An event is entirely that (picture number 2). So the number to the left 1,2,3,4,5 is your event count. You can have up to 150 events. It doesn't count the amount of conditions nor actions.
    My client doesn't really understand this explanation. Could you explain a bit more?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This might be easiest explained visually:

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot Volnaiskra!!!

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My client has two questions about Clicktem.

My client has noticed that there are two ways to save a file: save as ja save project as. She would like to know what's the differense between them.

Sometimes when she places objects in the frame and tests the file they seem to be in different places then where they should be. For example in this file those objects should have the same Y position:
    nimetön28.png

But the backdorp is lower than it should be:
    nimetön29.png

My client would like to know why do objects sometime seem to be in wrong places.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    1) You can save as an individual MFA or a 'Project' which is a group of MFAs.

2) Backdrop hotspots are set at 0, 0 whereas the Active hotspots are centered giving them a higher fix on the Y axis.
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there any plans for improvement on the sprite editor and its features?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We once asked about this:
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryblossom View Post
    Sometimes when she places objects in the frame and tests the file they seem to be in different places then where they should be. For example in this file those objects should have the same Y position:
    nimetön28.png

But the backdorp is lower than it should be:
    nimetön29.png

My client would like to know why do objects sometime seem to be in wrong places.
    Clickteam did this with separate actives:

It did this with dublicates:

My client would like to know why did it do that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast