User Tag List

Thread: Image editor and alpha channels: using a background color?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Image editor and alpha channels: using a background color?

I have an active object of a simple text smiley face. I needs alpha channels so I can easily swap the color at runtime without getting weird artifacts along the curved edges of the image. Now when I color the object using the fill tool, it changes the entire color of the smiley but the background stays transparent. Is it possible to change the background color so it's not transparent but not lose the nice edges along the main graphic? I'd like to "fill" the background of that active object with various colors at runtime without relying on a secondary active object behind it to do that.

This is actually an issue that's plagued me for years but I always worked around it. I'm just curious if there's something I don't understand with these alpha channels.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't manage to understand what it is exactly you're trying to achieve, though I certainly know the feeling of working with the image editor's bizarre treatm of alpha channels.

Anyway, FYI you can click the alpha button (squiggly icon, looks a bit like a fish) and that will let you edit the alpha channel independently. Not sure if you were doing that already or not

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the attached file, I can change to color of the rectangle at runtime, but I can't change the color of the inside of the rectangle. I'm trying to figure out how to change the color of the inside of it.

tempA.jpg

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, sounds like you're using a gif or png-8, and you're trying to use a matte color, to 'fake' a transparent effect when it's over certain colored backgrounds.

If so, then why don't you just use a 32bit png that has a proper alpha channel instead? Then your image will look good on any background, with no artifacting, and you won't need to worry about any of this matte stuff.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems I need to educate myself on this a bit. I appreciate your help!

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No sweat. For reference, here's a PNG-32 (sometimes also known as a 'PNG-24 with alpha channel') file. If you import it into Fusion, you should find that it looks correct over every sort of background.
    Images attachées Images attachées

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not sure if that uploaded correctly. Here it is as a zip
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome, thanks for posting. I'm gonna dig into this

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally found time to dig into this. The question I have is how I would apply a second color to this object.

The specific thing I'm doing is creating an on-screen keyboard. I have an active for each key. Depending on the users settings, the color of the keys changes. I'd like to show a pressed key in an inverted color, so I'd like to remove the color from what's pink in that example, and fill in what's clear with the pink color.

In another instance, I have a two-color object. Currently, it's two separate active objects on top of each other. One is the top color and the other is basically a background color. The reason they are separate objects, is so I can swap the RGB depending on user color settings without having to create dozens of the same object with different hardcoded colors.

I know this thread was all but dead but any help is appreciated!