User Tag List

Thread: Opening EXE files in a frame?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opening EXE files in a frame?

Hello, I was wondering if it was possible to open other exe files inside of a frame. Like is there any plugins or something I could use. In particular I want to open MUGEN, a 2d fighting game engine. I'm working on a game where part of it is shooting and the other part is fighting. The shooting levels of the game is in Fusion 2.5, the fighting is in MUGEN. But I need to be able to open MUGEN in a frame for convenience.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bump
    Can someone please try to help?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another bump, please? Help. Not to sound impatient or anything but still....

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're trying to have interactivity with MUGEN and Clickteam Fusion, I think that's impossible.
    In other words, if you're trying something like [MUGEN - P1 Wins -> go to shooter game. etc. Else, Game Over] Then no. That's not possible to my knowledge.

However, if you're using MUGEN anyway, couldn't you just program the shooting part of the game into mugen's engine? Shooting games in MUGEN's engine is a possibility, after all.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by N64Mario View Post
    If you're trying to have interactivity with MUGEN and Clickteam Fusion, I think that's impossible.
    In other words, if you're trying something like [MUGEN - P1 Wins -> go to shooter game. etc. Else, Game Over] Then no. That's not possible to my knowledge.
    Thanks for the response. I know stuff like that isn't possible but I just want to run MUGEN in a frame. In MUGEN if believe you can mess around with command lines. Maybe I can figure out something like that. For example, since your around in the MUGEN community, you might have seen things like this. There's something called MUGEN story mode that I believe you can use command lines to setup up a certain character vs another. But since I want to just open MUGEN in a frame, maybe there's a way I can do something like that, only if I can run the executable in the frame. Oh and I know you can program shooters in MUGEN but I already have to basic stuff for the shooter made in Fusion.
    EDIT: Do you think this would work with the File Object. For example: mugen.exe -p1 kfm -p2 kfm -p2.ai 1 -rounds 1 -s kfm