User Tag List

Thread: POP3 and Gmail blocked insecure app

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

POP3 and Gmail blocked insecure app

Hi all!

I'm trying to learn more about sending/receiving email and experimenting with building an app. I noticed that if I use the example file for Pop3, Gmail blocks the attempt saying:

Google will continue to block sign-in attempts from the app you're using because it has known security problems or is out of date. You can continue to use this app by allowing access to less secure apps, but this may leave your account vulnerable.

Is there a way to get around that without having them have to switch that on?

I did some research and google uses something called oAuth2.0, is that something I need to implement somehow?

Thanks for any advice!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been looking into it, and I'm not positive but it seems I would need to make an extension to be able to use OAuth2.0?

Google says this about POP3:

To better protect your users, we recommend you upgrade all of your applications to OAuth 2.0. If you choose not to do so, your users will be required to take extra steps in order to keep accessing your applications.
    The standard Internet protocols we support all work with OAuth 2.0, as do most of our APIs. We leverage the work done by the IETF on OAuth 2.0 integration with IMAP, SMTP, POP, XMPP, CalDAV, and CardDAV.
    In summary, if your application currently uses plain passwords to authenticate to Google, we strongly encourage you to minimize user disruption by switching to OAuth 2.0.

I've never made an extension but it's something I'd love to learn about. It seems I would need to use the API's for oAuth2.0, how could that be done in Fusion? Would love to learn about this more (if something like this can be done in Fusion that is)!

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, you will need to use (make, if nobody has done so) an OAuth extension.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm following this thread to see what comes if it. Who know, maybe it'll need to an IMAP extension, lol

Related: there's an old email program we something have to run at with which requires us to turn on the "use less secure apps" setting and it's caused no issues.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk