User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ideas on great computer for Fusion use.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ideas on great computer for Fusion use.

Hey Clickteam,

Sadly, I've been without fusion for a week now, my darn hard drive crashed on my laptop. It was an ASUS laptop around $200.

Now, I'm at square one and I want to get a good computer this time around. I use my laptop only for Fusion but I don't really know what's a good computer to get.

So I'm coming to the community to get your opinion for a reasonable priced but highly efficient computer/laptop. I appreciate the help if you share!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm personally allergic to laptops, because they're inevitably much slower to work on than a desktop with a proper multi-button mouse, proper keyboard, and dual monitors. But that's me.

In terms of hardware, I usually recommend people get the best possible hardware they can, for longevity and a better computing/gaming experience. But if you really only will use it for fusion, then you can comfortably go low end.

Pretty much anything modern should be just fine for Fusion, desktop or laptop. Just make sure you get something with a dedicated graphics card, as integrated graphics struggles with many fusion games. Nvidia cards are a bit more expensive than AMD, but tend to run cooler and quieter. Any modern card should be fine,even the lower end ones.

Definitely get something with an SSD rather than HHD.

In terms of ram, get 4gb. Any more is unnecessary for your needs.

In terms of cpu, stick with Intel, not AMD. Look for something with a high clock speed (3.5ghz+), probably a core i5. Stay away from core i7 (their extra cost is for hyperthreading, which won't benefit you)

If you're getting a laptop, pay close attention to the keyboard layout. My laptop (yes I have one, but I still hate them ) has very stupid locations for important keys like delete, Windows, and home/end, and I regret not paying attention to that when I bought it.

If you're getting a desktop, remember about noise. I invested in an extra quiet case with my last PC (the case alone cost more than your laptop ) . It's the size of a barn and weighs a ton. But it's almost completely silent, and for that I love it to bits.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Volnaiskra,

I can't thank you enough for that detailed breakdown! Looks like I'll be going desktop. It'll be best in the long run.

And another thing I been meaning to say is thank you for how much you been helping everyone!

I see the interest you invested into Spryke and fusion and hope you hit the big time, like mega mega cash success!!!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Emerson3 Good luck with the PC!

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, If you going toward the desktop then I have a suggestion.
    I'm using HP Compaq 6200 Pro i7 10GB RAM. You could go cheaper and get the i3 or i5, if you could find used one with Core2Quad, it should be fine also. I have a Dell with Core2Quad and Fusion flies with that CPU.
    The HP 6200 Pro is very quiet and reliable. My PC is ON 24/7 for the past year or so. The power consumption is low also at avg 50-70W. This PC is a workhorse in the offices.
    I did run Fusion on HP with integrated graphics and it was fine for my projects (Volnaiskra's Sprike did run slow on it), so recently upgraded GPU to a faster one.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    I'm personally allergic to laptops, because they're inevitably much slower to work on than a desktop with a proper multi-button mouse, proper keyboard, and dual monitors. But that's me.

In terms of hardware, I usually recommend people get the best possible hardware they can, for longevity and a better computing/gaming experience. But if you really only will use it for fusion, then you can comfortably go low end.

Pretty much anything modern should be just fine for Fusion, desktop or laptop. Just make sure you get something with a dedicated graphics card, as integrated graphics struggles with many fusion games. Nvidia cards are a bit more expensive than AMD, but tend to run cooler and quieter. Any modern card should be fine,even the lower end ones.

Definitely get something with an SSD rather than HHD.

In terms of ram, get 4gb. Any more is unnecessary for your needs.

In terms of cpu, stick with Intel, not AMD. Look for something with a high clock speed (3.5ghz+), probably a core i5. Stay away from core i7 (their extra cost is for hyperthreading, which won't benefit you)

If you're getting a laptop, pay close attention to the keyboard layout. My laptop (yes I have one, but I still hate them ) has very stupid locations for important keys like delete, Windows, and home/end, and I regret not paying attention to that when I bought it.

If you're getting a desktop, remember about noise. I invested in an extra quiet case with my last PC (the case alone cost more than your laptop ) . It's the size of a barn and weighs a ton. But it's almost completely silent, and for that I love it to bits.
    I agree with everything, except the 4GB RAM: get 8GB at least. 4GB is insufficient for smooth working with Windows, in my experience.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, I'd shoot for 8GB of RAM. While you can get by on 4GB, you'll have a much smoother experience in the longer run with 8GB.

But DEFINITELY make sure to get an SSD.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, probably right about 8gb ram. Fusion can only use about 2gb, but I forgot to factor in windows. And of course you're bound to have a Web browser etc running sometimes

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reddit has a good PC community with different builds for different price levels, check it out for inspiration https://www.reddit.com/r/PCMasterRace/wiki/builds

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kee hearing about the Ryzen processors but I'm just too loyal to Intel.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast