User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Users that cannot build with Android Studio (ant\build.xml error)

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys,

Okey. Finally some progress. I have now setup successfully my PC based on the already working laptop. I use Android Studio (latest x64), and JDK 8 (thank you Yves for your tip above). Still got the build.xml error on my PC until I thought of just renaming C:\Program Files (x86)\Clickteam Fusion Developer 2.5\ and copying the complete Clickteam installed folder from my laptop. Now my PC works (Build 29 selected).

I ran a file / folder compare with hash differences, and these two Clickteam versions are different here and there. I want to investigate further until I can send some logs here though. Want to make sure both are updated etc etc (which I think they are but still). The build.xml error was solved without manually adding the tools\ant\build.xml++.

Moo.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This worked 100%. (Tested on two clean Win10 PCs Home & Pro edition).

Uninstall both the Android Exporter + Clickteam Fusion 2.5 completely. Also make sure the folder is gone under program files. Install Android Studio and use either the Java SDK 8 or as Yves suggests the JRE within Android Studio (the latter I have not tested).

Then open the app (Fusion 2.5), and update it. Now go to Tools - Preferences in Clickteam Fusion 2.5 and under General add the pathname to your JDK (for example: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_221) and to your Android SDK directory (for example: C:\Users\Moo\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk) and it works. No more build.xml missing, and you have not installed it either (sideloaded the tools folder). PS! Browse the path, if you paste I have experienced that it adds an empty space (or delete that space of course).

This solution Yves should be bumped to the first page of this topic because I have used too much time sorting this out. Thank you guys and to Yves for leading me to the solution!

Moo.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All you had to do is update the paths correctly. was no need to a full uninstall.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    All you had to do is update the paths correctly. was no need to a full uninstall.
    Hi, what do you mean? Had the same paths before I uninstalled both - and when I did it as mentioned above all works. No paths changed under General if that is what you mean.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it might be time for an Auto Installer. It wouldn't even be hard to make. Just provide the links in the Auto Installer and have it wait till the links are installed.

If I get time, I will work on one.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well, IMHO an auto-installer would just be confusing.

There is now just one thing to install (Android Studio) (+ 2 pathnames to set in Fusion's preferences + make sure Fusion and its exporters are up-to-date via Help / Check for update).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I created one for myself. You just click go.

For some reason, using the process of Installing Just Android Studio and adding the two path lines, gave me errors at Build time.

The Installer I built for Myself, does everything and even drops my Keystore key in the same directory.
    EASYINSTALLA.jpg

EASYINSTALL.jpg

Only issue I see with an Automatic Installer is, Google Can not stop changing the Android API / How it installs, etc...

So, while my installer works for me today. Who knows what an hour from now holds, with Google and Android. LOL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moooztar View Post
    This worked 100%. (Tested on two clean Win10 PCs Home & Pro edition).

Uninstall both the Android Exporter + Clickteam Fusion 2.5 completely. Also make sure the folder is gone under program files. Install Android Studio and use either the Java SDK 8 or as Yves suggests the JRE within Android Studio (the latter I have not tested).

Then open the app (Fusion 2.5), and update it. Now go to Tools - Preferences in Clickteam Fusion 2.5 and under General add the pathname to your JDK (for example: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_221) and to your Android SDK directory (for example: C:\Users\Moo\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk) and it works. No more build.xml missing, and you have not installed it either (sideloaded the tools folder). PS! Browse the path, if you paste I have experienced that it adds an empty space (or delete that space of course).

This solution Yves should be bumped to the first page of this topic because I have used too much time sorting this out. Thank you guys and to Yves for leading me to the solution!

Moo.
    The JRE does work Beautifully! @Yves is correct.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Well, IMHO an auto-installer would just be confusing.

There is now just one thing to install (Android Studio) (+ 2 pathnames to set in Fusion's preferences + make sure Fusion and its exporters are up-to-date via Help / Check for update).
    Hi, weird that this did not work for me at all on one of my PCs. I tried everything until I uninstalled both exporter and fusion app, and then re installed both before updating. Well, if anyone does not solve it by the obvious logical way of Yves it helped me to start over again.

Thanks for the help!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9