User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Underwater Shader video and performance

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Underwater Shader video and performance

Hi, I was looking at using this shader for my game http://clickstore.clickteam.com/underwater_shader
    I was wondering if anyone has an videos of it I can see before I buy it, and if it slows performance of a game or is cpu intensive.
    Thanks.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hiya!

We had some issues trying to get the gifs to work on the ClickStore. Hopefully Kisguri can sort it out for me somehow. In the meantime:

Here's the shader alone against standard backdrop:

The surface waves are optional and can be turned off if desired.

How the shader looks in my own game, Jarvis:

Note: The bubbles isn't from the shader, they're active objects.

You can also put it between layers and mask out the effect for something like this:

The mediocre art assets on this gif are also included in example file!

The first and second gifs are directly taken from the included example file. The basic usage of the shader requires 2 events: One event for setting it up(optional) and another event to make the distortion/waves move(essential unless you mean to freeze the water, could be a cool effect too ).

As for performance-wise I haven't noticed any frame drops or such but I got a pretty good graphics card too so I'm not the best benchmark for this.

Important to note is that it's a DirectX shader, which means that you cannot use it on mobile devices as far as I know. I do not think HTML5 exporter supports it either.

edit: Kisguri updated page with gifs now.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I attached a screenshot of our game. The world tiles are randomly generated, and the water tiles have a static animation, but when the player gets in the water the screen tints blue. Because the tiles are randomly generated I probably couldn't do the example you showed for a topdown game, but do you think it would look good to have the screen use that shader instead of go blue when the player gets in the water? Also, sorry the image is so small, if I posted the image on a different site and then posted the link would that allow me to post larger images like you do?
    Attached thumbnails Attached thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-04-26.jpg‎ 
Views:	169 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	22831  

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any chance we can buy this by just using a credit card instead of that clickteam credit stuff??

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really want to buy this but i dont want to use click-store credit. its the only option available to me.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Shadeve: Yup I believe it should still work. Provided that you work in layers that is.

So if you imagine 3 layers where the top layer is where you generate the "above water tiles", the middle one is where you put the water shader object and underneath that layer the "below water tiles" would generate.

Though I suspect that would mean re-working quite a bit of your game and having a fullscreen water effect could work too of course.

Simply make it so when player overlaps a water tile, the shader object goes visible and once player steps on land again make the shader hide. etc. The important part is that the shader object is on-top of everything you want to be affected by the it.

@TheCrimsonTaco: That's odd. ClickStore should let you pay with PayPal(which is connected to your credit card). If you're only allowed to use credits at the store I think either you haven't connected your e-mail address for your PayPal or something might be broken. Have you tried contacting ClickStore support about it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay awesome! I bought it and it works great with the game! Great work on it!
    Is there a way to make it fade in and out when the player gets out and in the water, or is that not possible because the effect is already being used by underwater? Also sometimes there is some blur on the bottom and right side of the screen.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It work on Android and iOS? UWP?

Отправлено с моего Wileyfox Swift через Tapatalk

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it - looking forward to fiddle around with this cool stuff

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Shadeve: To fade the effect I would put the water object on its own layer and then fade the entire layer by using the Layer Object(included with Fusion). It can set the alpha coefficient for the entire layer and that also affects the shaders on the objects within it.

The blurriness is a known issue that's been plaguing mine and many other shaders as well. I am still looking for a good solution/workaround for this and whoever is onto something feel free to chime in in this thread: https://community.clickteam.com/threads/101273-Strange-quot-stretchy-quot-artifact-in-shaders

The current popular workaround appears to be to create a thin border around your frame, which works fine for fullscreen effects but less so for non-fullscreen effects.

@Sergey: I have only tested for Windows DirectX which is what its made for but I am 100% sure that it does not work on iOS. I have no clue at all about UWP to be honest. Does anyone else know if that exporter can handle DirectX shaders?

Julian82: Sweet! Hope you like it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast