User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Firefly current progression

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IIRC, it's actually just a cleverly-placed camera. The actual coordinates are using the built-in 2D coordinates to 3D coordinates feature that Firefly has, so the objects are literally placed on a 2D plane.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well yeah, it's a first step to move from 2d to 3d.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True, but it's still not a good example for how easy it is to use Firefly when it's basically just making a 2D game rather than the 3D games that people more likely than not bought Firefly for.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most people also aren't going to buy a foreign engine and jump straight into a COD game as well. There's steps that are taken to reach an end goal. Transpose would be a first step. Take something you are use to and creating something new with it. Going from 2 axis to 3 can be challenging for some and transposition is a perfect middle ground and ease point for those. People who are more advance, x-,y-,z-axis placement is easier. As a person who learned Inventor Fusion Pro, i grasped the concept of x-,y-,z-coordinates better than transposing objects. For someone who found Clickteam and wanted it for ease of use, transposition would be their go to placement method. You say it isn't showing how easy it is when Chocobreak3D is a perfect example. Its literally taking what you already know how to do and making it 3d.Scott Cawthon achieved that illusion in Sister Location with the vent movement. By replacing lateral movement with forward animation, the illusion of crawling through a vent was given. Thats a 2.5D game design. Actually having sugar cane animated, a player animated, lateral and foward ball movement, automatically generated depth, etc makes Chocobreak a 3D game instead of 2.5D. I understand your hesitation for a foreign product, don't get me wrong. But as someone who has worked with C++, javascript and RobotC, i prefer Clickteam for the ease of use and the royality free aspect of it. Hopefully with its initial support, it will be able to grow and attract people like you who are hesitant about unknown grounds, expand to the other exported and more. I'm excited since i know that Firefly can be capable of games like Octodad, Worlds, and Mindtest.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me maybe try to make my point a bit more clear with a slightly longer response: I'm trying to say that Cocobreak 3D is good as a way to get started on using Firefly, but it doesn't prove that Firefly is easy for making 3D games, it proves that it's easy for 2.5D games (that the platformer example included with Firefly is 2.5D isn't helping that image). And since Kisguri used it as an example for how easy it is to use Firefly, I was just pointing out that Chocobreak 3D isn't a particularly strong example for that (though it's a very, very strong example for how amazingly simple 2.5D is in it, which is honestly pretty great in its own way). Now, if something like a basic 3D shoot 'em up tutorial (e.g. something like Star Fox) or such were to be made, then that would probably make a stronger case for Firefly being good for easy 3D games, since that would have proper full 3D movement while (theoretically) remaining at least relatively simple to code. Honestly, I kinda want to get to work on that myself, it sounds like it'd be an easy yet fun thing to make as a tutorial and/or example, and also a good way to practice Firefly a bit myself.

BTW, sorry for not making it clear earlier, but I am in no way saying that Chocobreak 3D is a bad thing. Honestly, it's great that it exists, I probably would be stumped with Firefly without it myself! I'm just saying that, well, does it really prove that Firefly is easy for making a truly 3D game and not just a 2.5D game? Well, not exactly.

Oh, and Chocobreak 3D is not a 3D game. If that was true, then Mega Man X8, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Mighty No. 9, Street Fighter 4, and Street Fighter 5 are also 3D, which is definitely not true.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a Wolfenstein tutorial in stream workshop

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's an example, not a tutorial. Also, it's still using the 2D-to-3D technique, so while it's a step up from Chocobreak 3D, it's still not full 3D, hence why I'm probably going to try to make a full 3D example myself at some point.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I created a fps tutorial as well as a patrolling AI tutorial. These are also on the way when I have time between work and personal life.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nearly everything that happygreenfrog said could be fixed if the movement object was working as intended. It can shoot in all 3 axis, it just bugs out. So theoretically you can do that, its just the crash is causing it to be non-usable. I sent tri my code for my own custom movement but he hasn't gotten back to me about it. The star fox example could be done easily because you're just moving forward on the Zaxis, the X and Y are what you control. All range mode is simply changing the YRot and XRot. Barrel rolling is just moving the object on the ZRot. All of these can be done in Firefly. The problem currently is shooting. Getting shooting to work in all 3 axis just isn't working yet.

That has been at least my biggest hurdle so far, I just can't implement the gameplay I want yet due to that crashing issue.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad I didn't go for a fps first (or second, want to revisit an old project next) not being a pro and all.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast