User Tag List

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Firefly current progression

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisguri View Post
    Thanks for the comments mrogers15. Sometimes we ask ourselves what the heck are we doing, why do it when reading some feedback. But then feedback like yours makes it worth it. We appreciate it!
    I'm so tired of repeating myself to people, but I'll try once more.

I'm making a 3D FPS engine in Firefly. It's perfectly retro like I want, and it's incredibly simple, but it IS a working 3D game engine. I'm writing a level editor specifically for this game.

https://giphy.com/gifs/l0Iy9QWU9ZaWC5UxG/html5
    Yes, it looks awful and budgetware circa-96, it's meant to. It's hardly a flagship product to promote a tool with (in fact, it would hinder sales if you showed this off), that's not my job, my job is to make stuff I want to make for the reasons I want to make them. Pick it apart all you want by how it looks and works, that's the way I want it to look and work.

But.

I. CANNOT. DO. THIS. IN. ANY. OTHER. TOOL.

I read the Chocobreak tutorial at Christmas without owning the tool yet. I understood how it worked. It uses events I know, I could memorize the workarounds (material cache, etc) and every page was perfectly clear. I bought it last month (before the sale!) and I managed to make something from scratch with a little brushing up and some help from the Discord server.

I last tried making a 3D game in 2001 when I was 12, and it was hard. It's still hard for me. Unity+Playmaker is hard. I'm not a game dev by trade, it's 100% my hobby and passion, and I can finally feel like I can make 3D games in Firefly.

No royalties (Unity, Unreal). No exuberant subscriptions (I'm looking at you Construct3 and BuildBox, both 2D editors). No level editing built on old engines written 20 years ago in C (GZDoom)

Just make whatever you want. I don't go out for coffee, and I don't drink alcohol, but I assume the cost of coffee in Starbuck and a drink at a bar through the week would be close, if not exceeding the cost of a Firefly purchase. And you can use this forever.

Feel free to take issue with any of my points, and/or fact correct me, but this is just the way I see it.

Three suggestions for Firefly:

1. Setup a features request/voting system like this: https://construct3.ideas.aha.io/
    2. Provide a private nightly build repo for verified customers to get bleeding edge builds, and beta test new functionality.
    3. Get Tri back on discord, we all miss him.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those three suggestions I think would solve almost every issue that Firefly has, even if it does so rather indirectly. Also, that example of yours looks terrible and amazing at the same time (terrible because intentional retro FPS graphics, amazing because proper 3D), though it unfortunately does little about my concerns about how 90% of the good examples being made with Firefly are from a first-person perspective, as if that's the only thing it can do remotely well aside from 2.5D.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happygreenfrog View Post
    Those three suggestions I think would solve almost every issue that Firefly has, even if it does so rather indirectly. Also, that example of yours looks terrible and amazing at the same time (terrible because intentional retro FPS graphics, amazing because proper 3D), though it unfortunately does little about my concerns about how 90% of the good examples being made with Firefly are from a first-person perspective, as if that's the only thing it can do remotely well aside from 2.5D.
    I'm not sure about 3rd person just yet, I just bought firefly because I wanted to make something like Ken's Labyrinth with true 3D (so more like LAB3D-SDL) and so far it's obviously just engine art. I think you could probably do a fairly fun 3rd person by just doing like Duke 3D did, move a model with the camera and match the movements from camera to the object. Simple, but effective for now.

On a side note, check this programmer art out:

Imagine if Apogee had let him finish the next Quake competitor, we'd have had Duke Nukem 4ever in 1997:

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @Elvisish and @mrogers15 again you have no idea how much we appreciate your support and bravery to give Firefly a chance.

I will look at the suggestion box from C3 mentioned, maybe we can employ something like that. In the mean time don't forget about our Discord Channel. A lot of cool things are being worked on in the Firefly sub section. https://discordapp.com/channels/1905...52103809187842

Concerning Chocobreak3dgate 2017, We specifically chose this as the first tutorial to illustrate the basics of how to use Firefly. Cause most of you built your first Fusion game doing the 2d tutorial. AGAIN we are working on better looking examples. But lets be honest, Has Clickteam ever produced a AAA looking example or tutorial. We bring you the ease of use and show you the basics. And YOUR supposed to roll with it. So give us some time to give you even more examples and documentation. If you aren't happy with what we have so far or the speed of examples being released join @Elvisish and @mrogers15 and jump in...

HGF i'm looking at you

Clickteam on Twitter - Clickteam on Facebook

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisguri View Post
    @Elvisish and @mrogers15 again you have no idea how much we appreciate your support and bravery to give Firefly a chance.

I will look at the suggestion box from C3 mentioned, maybe we can employ something like that. In the mean time don't forget about our Discord Channel. A lot of cool things are being worked on in the Firefly sub section. https://discordapp.com/channels/1905...52103809187842

Concerning Chocobreak3dgate 2017, We specifically chose this as the first tutorial to illustrate the basics of how to use Firefly. Cause most of you built your first Fusion game doing the 2d tutorial. AGAIN we are working on better looking examples. But lets be honest, Has Clickteam ever produced a AAA looking example or tutorial. We bring you the ease of use and show you the basics. And YOUR supposed to roll with it. So give us some time to give you even more examples and documentation. If you aren't happy with what we have so far or the speed of examples being released join @Elvisish and @mrogers15 and jump in...

HGF i'm looking at you
    I can't imagine how it feels to get so much stick for such a groundbreaking tool. Rome wasn't built in a day, it needed to be released perhaps sooner than hoped to fund further development, and the cycle goes round. I started making games with K&P in 1994 when I was 7, and to think we're doing the 3D in essentially the same codebase in insane, dream come true for me. I need logical events, and even FSM's in Unity is too much. I think eventually the whole integration of FIrefly will be a lot more efficient if the SDK can be built on to provide so tighter integration, but right now it's blazing fast for my purposes.

Let's be quite honest, Klik and Play wasn't built on AAA, why is everyone expecting AAA? Can't people just play with the tools and make their own AAA games? FNAF looks like it from the mid-nineties, but it caught on, and now that's considered some kind of AAA recognition of Fusion's capabilities, when in actual fact, it's a very original idea from a talented mind and the tools enabled him to make the game he wanted to. Fusion gave him the easiest engine to make FNAF with. Firefly should be valued on the same promise: to make 3D as easy as possible, so you can make the best/most original game you can think of with it. Not some kind of sizewar with Unity or Unreal NEITHER of which are genuinely free to use in the truest sense of the word.

Can we get a Firefly badge on the forums? It'll be easy to see who's moaning about Firefly without actually buying the tools to prove how good it is.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fun fact: Scott used click n play and attempted to graduate to unity in college. The raw c was overwhelming for him so he switched to clickteam.

As someone who has used robotic for literally years while in robotics, I have experience with c coding as well as some JavaScript from a stopwatch I made and unity was overwhelming for me even though the code was something I'm use to. I understand that I'm not going to create the next mortal Kombat with it but I also understand that I was given chocobreak as a goal(I use that term lightly) which is a basic usage of clickteam. I remember the firefly teasers when they surfaced and how exciting it was to get 3d. As a person that has firefly, Disaster at Fireflt Station is a huge jump from the platformer or Chocobreak3d WHICH IS A FREE TO PLAY GAME! There are snips of code to see (since you won't be able to open the mfa without Firefly)

http://clickstore.clickteam.com/disaster_at_firefly_station

As far as a badge, I agree with Elvisish. It would be helpful for guidance as well since those who have Firefly are beginning to feel comfortable enough to hell.othersnwith tutorials, example mfa, etc. Once I get my fame fixed (broke the primitives attempted to password zip my files somehow) I will be more than willing to post a level one, which is a cat and mouse evasion using path following AI, example as well as screenshots of my code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, hey, I'm not saying Firefly doesn't have potential and that it isn't a great start, I'm just saying that Firefly still has a ways to go. As you said yourself, Rome wasn't built in a day. Also, TBH, I can't say for sure how easy it actually is to use yet since I haven't really tried making a game with it. I'm just saying that the feature list doesn't make me want to work on one yet, especially not when I'm this close to finishing War for Robovania.

Oh, and to be clear: I have Firefly, I've done the Chocobreak 3D tutorial, I haven't done much else with it yet because I have other projects and because I only fairly recently found a 3D modelling/voxel program I'm comfortable using.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I will get Simon to work on the badge today.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neorun was created using only primitives. I don't know how kj experience you have with modeling and 3D games but I would say a primitives only game would he a good start to 3D game creation. I personally jumped straight into my first person "survival" game because I have used inventor for 6 years now and fee comfortable with object modeling. I use make human for character design since it is simple and rigs models for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    That was my thought as I made it. get a example out using the basics. Primitives a pretty darn basic. So they are the only thing in Neo Runout. And no I have long term experience with 3d modelling!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast