User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Exported build triggers Bitdefender?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exported build triggers Bitdefender?

Hello!

Has anyone had issues like this? when i export a build of my game Bitdefender triggers and says this. I googled a bit and it seems to be a malware thing but scans of the computer shows nothing.

edit: it's one after one quarantining most .exe fusion file it can find on the laptop and it also triggered on my big computer.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will need to wait official Clickteam verdict to be absolutely sure, but I think it's safe to assume you don't have an actual virus and it's just your AV getting paranoid about Fusion's .exe files. A lot of antivirus software flags Fusion files as false positives left and right.

If all of your computer's .exe files start getting flagged, then you might have an actual virus

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, try uploading your EXE to virustotal.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by advaith View Post
    Yeah, try uploading your EXE to virustotal.
    I did and the list says bitdefender is ok but 3 antiviruses (ive never heard of) triggers.

It's just fusion files that get flagged, no other has been detected.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's a known issue with Fusion-made .exe files(or rather an issue with over-sensitive anti-virus tools). Un-checking Compress Runtime in the Application Properties seems to have helped for some users though I believe that is off by default.

Others recommend that you get your applications a digital signature, which costs money.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Chrilley for the info !! I'll keep this in mind for the future

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People should be aware of this!

When I released DISTRAINT a lot of users couldn't launch the game at all. Missing executable.
    False-positive and antivirus deleting/quarantining the executable. Needless to say, that was quite painful.

So when you're about to release your game. Consider this!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J3sseM View Post
    People should be aware of this!

When I released DISTRAINT a lot of users couldn't launch the game at all. Missing executable.
    False-positive and antivirus deleting/quarantining the executable. Needless to say, that was quite painful.

So when you're about to release your game. Consider this!
    This is what I was worried about, i assumed if it goes through Steam it would solve some issues but if you are selling it stand-alone it can create issues. Especially since bitdefender is one of the most popular antivirus right now. How did you solve it jesse?

I know Clickteam solved this before with Avast, maybe they can do something similar with Bitdefender too?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just ran one of my files, and 3 antiviruses (which I've never heard of) flagged it.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/b...is/1493488958/

But, Windows SmartScreen is probably a more important problem.

I guess to be safe, you could upload to the Windows Store, though I believe that's very expensive?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zip2kx View Post
    This is what I was worried about, i assumed if it goes through Steam it would solve some issues but if you are selling it stand-alone it can create issues. Especially since bitdefender is one of the most popular antivirus right now. How did you solve it jesse?

I know Clickteam solved this before with Avast, maybe they can do something similar with Bitdefender too?
    I had this exact problem with Avast when releasing on Steam.
    Afterwards I submitted my executable and emailed them. It got "white-listed" eventually but the damage was already done.

I think signing your files would be the best bet. I'll most definitely consider that in the future!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast