Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fighting game in progress and may need some help

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fighting game in progress and may need some help

Hello. My friend and I are making a little fighting game in CTF2.5. We did run into some problems, like animation not working, events not triggering,etc. were managing to fix those errors in those events, and now we have a slight problem. Were trying to figure out how to do those combo attacks we been seeing those popular fighting games like street fighter. We're trying to do a 3 or 6 combo attack in events. Any chance on how we can setup a 3 or 6 combo attack?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbysolo View Post
    Hello. My friend and I are making a little fighting game in CTF2.5. We did run into some problems, like animation not working, events not triggering,etc. were managing to fix those errors in those events, and now we have a slight problem. Were trying to figure out how to do those combo attacks we been seeing those popular fighting games like street fighter. We're trying to do a 3 or 6 combo attack in events. Any chance on how we can setup a 3 or 6 combo attack?
    Check this example, http://www.clickteam.com/chaos-fighter.html

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you asking how to detect that the user did a combo attack? Like pressed a certain combination of keys?

One way to do that is to add a number or letter to a alterable string (let's call it Actionstring) whenever the user presses a key / does an action.
    Then you can simply compare the end of the string with the combos in the game.
    If the player pressed Back (2) Back (2) Forward (1) Kick (6), the end of the string would be "2216".
    You can therefore compare the string "2216" to right(Actionstring) to see if that combo was executed.

This works as long as the combos doesn't involve several buttons beeing pressed at the same time, as that would complicate matters.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this works for special moves, but im looking for combo attackings with different animantion

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes but im trying to do 3 to 6 combo attack with the same button

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's probably a better way to do it but I'd use counters - one to act as a cooldown between button presses, the other to count the attacks in the combo.

So: If button A is pressed and cooldown =0 --> set cooldown to 10 (or whatever value you want), set attack counter to 1
    If button A is pressed and cooldown >0 --> set cooldown to 10, add 1 to attack counter
    Every 0.2 seconds subtract 1 from cooldown
    If cooldown =0 and button A is not pressed --> set attack to 0
    Attack =1 --> do animation for attack 1
    Attack = 2 --> do animation for attack 2
    and so on . . .
    You might need some limit conditions in there, eg. check for button presses every 0.12 seconds or only one action when event loops etc. Anyways hope this helps some, like I said someone else probably knows a better way but this is how I'd chain combos off one button.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This might work, i just need to figure out do i need a command script or strings

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll need some way of queuing up the attacks because it's likely that attack number 1's animations are unlikely to be finished when the attack button is pressed 3+ times - you don't want to finish attack 1 and jump straight to attack 3 or 4. In other words button presses are going to be way ahead of the current attack in progress. So maybe adding to a string might help. Shouldn't be too hard to do though.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is it possible to do a timer with the one button attack combo?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is it possible to do a timer with the one button attack combo?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast