User Tag List

Thread: The future of the exporters of today, and Fusion 3 exporters.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The future of the exporters of today, and Fusion 3 exporters.

Will Fusion 3 contain its own versions of the many exporters? Or will we still need to buy the exporters separately?

I already own the flash SWF exporter, and thinking about getting the Mac exporter in the near future. However, if Fusion 3 contains all, or most of those used exporters from the start, then I shouldn't need to waste money on it? Though if Fusion 3 does not have those exporters, than it would be worth to buy them, right? You would just toss your exporters registry codes over to Fusion 3 if that was the case.

Just trying to think ahead, so not waste money on something that may be packaged with a future product that I might use.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The current exporter system will be kept, but you will have to pay to upgrade the exporters from CF2.5 to F3.

• The exporter model (with purchases of additional exporters to export to multiple platforms) will be kept [World Reveal Interview]

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's an upgrade charge, as well as a full charge for fusion 3? That's lame (since we already have the exporters), but whatever. Doesn't seem to make sense if for example, we still want to use them for fusion 2.5 AND fusion 3. Once the upgrade is done, I doubt we'll be able to use them for fusion 2.5 again, correct? :-/

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IIRC you'll still be able to use them in CF2.5.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export Module

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There will most likely be an upgrade discount. I have always found Clickteam to be very fair in pricing.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by advaith View Post
    IIRC you'll still be able to use them in CF2.5.
    Hmm...... If it'll work for both F3 and F2.5, then why the upgrade price? It's like buying the exact same thing twice. Or is it something like new code written in the exporters, so you got to pay for that new export code?

Though I guess I shouldn't complain, since it's Clickteam. But again, just seems kind of redundant for something we already pretty much own. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the final decision is on the prices of the upgrades.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you will have to pay again because they are brand new exporters... they're entirely separate from F2.5.. You can buy the 2.5 exporters and use them right now, today. You will still be able to use your 2.5 exporters in the future... but those exporters will have no relation to Fusion 3.0's exporters..

We would also expect the performance of these new export modules to be significantly better than the 2.5 exporters... they're completely separate products, Fusion 3 is built from the ground and only has a "spiritual" connection to 2.5.. it's like saying "well I have Windows 95, why should I pay for Windows 10?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't Windows 10 contain soem Windows 95 code? Or was Windows 95 not built on NT?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by advaith View Post
    Doesn't Windows 10 contain soem Windows 95 code? Or was Windows 95 not built on NT?
    Windows 95 was NOT based on NT. It still ran as an overlay to MS-DOS, using 386 Enhanced Mode. It was more an evolution of Windows 3.11 for Workgroups. The first "consumer" NT OS was Windows 2000. Windows XP then built on top of that architecture, and was then mostly rewritten for Vista and even moreso for Windows 7.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by N64Mario View Post
    Hmm...... If it'll work for both F3 and F2.5, then why the upgrade price? It's like buying the exact same thing twice. Or is it something like new code written in the exporters, so you got to pay for that new export code?

Though I guess I shouldn't complain, since it's Clickteam. But again, just seems kind of redundant for something we already pretty much own. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the final decision is on the prices of the upgrades.
    As you know, Fusion 3 is being programmed from scratch. So it stands to reason that the exporters will need to be coded from scratch too. The current exporters surely won't be able to work on Fusion 3, since it's a brand new architecture. So the 2.5 exporters and the 3.0 exporters will be different products, that each had their own development costs. I guess what advaith was saying was that, even though they are separate products, there might be a discount for people who own the 2.5 exporters.

Also, as has been dredged up ad nauseum in the "Fusion 3 current Progress" thread, selling exporters separately remains Clickteam's primary feasible way of staying financially afloat (and giving us the ongoing and cost-free support we're accustomed to) since the customer base tends to vehemently oppose all other major revenue methods - the names of which I dare not even utter in this thread, lest none of us get out of here alive.