User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: .apk is not installing on my phone for testing.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.apk is not installing on my phone for testing.

Hello. Im a fledgling dev. Built a rel game and a basic game. The real game is a mothers day present bringing a cuddly character to life in the form of a flappy bird clone to be played on android. The basic game i created to test why my real game is not working.

I created the fake game to see if it was just my real game or all games are being incorrectly exported. I have downloaded Jdk and sdk as well as keystore. I took the time to download every downloadable thing to sdk. The first version that was "Alpha version" of the real game worked. I successfully generated the .apk, and used the androids stock file browser to install it. After that however, No future versions would install. I assumed it was because some data was being left over on the phone so i got my other identical phone (It was cracked so i bought another one but otherwise worked fine.). I formated it and attempted the install to no avail. I created a smaller more basic game to try and it isnt working either. Since then I keep formatting the phone and installing it using different settings so much so I no longer remember what the default ones were. Now mothers day is closing in and i have no idea how to fix the error. Attached is a collage of my settings and my keystore. Please use these to identify what my problem is. It has not been a fun 36 hours.

tl;dr My phone is refusing to install my built .apk file. Help!

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What kind of error are you getting when you compile?
    as regards installing on the phone. uncheck the Release mode and see if that works.
    othewise just delete the App from the phone, if there is some left.

and if you re-loaded the Defaults from the phone, then you need to Enable the Dev mode.
    To enable Developer Options, open the Settings screen, scroll down to the bottom, and tap About phone or About tablet.
    Scroll down to the bottom of the About screen and find the Build number.
    you need to tap 7 times on it to enable it

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply perry. I wish it was that simple. it exports as an .apk just fine, its just gives an error message when i click instal "application not installed". I have not only deleted the app, but factory reset the phone every attempt to install which is bordering on the triple digit now. I also do enable dev mode on my phone to no avail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did you notice anything wrong with my properties?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As perry said, try uncheck: release mode on the android properties or make a new key. The error, "application not installed" is mostly cause by the keystore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have unchecked it. It is still not working. I also tried one of the apk installer apps and they didnt fix it either.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only thing I can think of is that the app name is used with an app on your phone. Try changing that. To like com.mygame.new
    Not the real name of the game but the package name

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry perry. Unfortunately that didnt work either. I have been working on this for 3 days now. I am pulling my hair out lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know why, but when I took the battery out of my phone and tried to install the .apk it installed successfully but now has the error "Unfortunately, [app name] has stopped" and i cant play it. Why! I figure this should be straightforward. you install Java DK and SDK(and install EVERYTHING), then route in general preferences the two folder locations THEN you uncheck release mode and finally do the build application. It should work. It isn't working. I'm getting pretty frustrated. Is there ANYTHING I needed to check or uncheck. This shouldnt be this hard.

Forum Moderator

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What API are you using ?

Use API24, and set Min and Max version 3.0 - 6.0

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast