User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Martin2986 Learning by doing, and need some help with this minigame

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Martin2986 Learning by doing, and need some help with this minigame

Hi folks!

Im new to CTF and some of the logic I have to learn. I figure the best way is to ask directly since I could not find it in any tutorial or by direct search.
    Also I have a couple of questions. I figured I made my own thread to keep the forum cleaner. This thread is dedicated to making this game. More info on that later, I will update this text.

Here is the main part of the game:
    sef4t3ttg.jpg

I have basically combined two of the examples i think @DaveC made them on this forum. But I cant find back to the posts I got them in the first place. Well anyways, im using this example to learn the program in my own way.

Problem 1: As you can see I have tried to count the bullets so that the button01 wont let me shoot bullets if there is none left. And button 2 gives button 1 new bullets. Problem here is that I cant figure out how to use conditions and variables the right way I guess. As it stands now [Line 12] will give me infinite buttons. creating a RAM mess.
    (That's because I had to destroy button 1 when there is none bullets left, so that the gun wouldn't work.)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure if I understand what it is you're trying to do exactly (I'm kinda dumb when it comes to reading other people's code), but what about if you add a "only one action when event loops" condition to line 12? That way, every time bullets are present, it will only create one button instead of a million.

But why are you creating and destroying buttons like that anyway? Wouldn't you just want a single button that's there all the time, but only becomes active when bullets are present (and becomes greyed out or whatever when bullets = 0)? If so, try deleting lines 11 & 12, but adding the "bullets >=1" condition to line 14.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    If so, try deleting lines 11 & 12, but adding the "bullets >=1" condition to line 14.
    I did not know, I have leveled up in CTF thx to you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is question two. How to make so that button give more bullets when bulletmax has raised?
    Se picture of how im thinking.
    maxbullets300.jpg

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, instead of add 10 to bullets, you could do add maxbullets/10 to bullets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again Volnaiskra! Very helpfull!

Im making a Cooldown timer for my shoot button. And a question comes to mind.
    1.How can the cooldown stop count when it reaches zero? (now it counts backwards endlessly)

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try this instead.

Create a sperate Active object and call it values_bullets. In this object you will store all values regarding bullets/shooting etc.

rename and set two alt values to
    A) shoot= 0
    b) shoot_max = 60

event 1:
    Shoot < shoot_max
    >>add 1 to shoot

2:
    User presses fire button
    +shoot = 60
    >>>fire bullet
    >>>set shoot to 0

This will make a natural based cooldown depending on frames per second. If shoot is below 60 it will add one in every frame. So if your FPS is 60, you can shoot once every second. Lower the shoot_max value to make it quicker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you zip2kx Im trying to do so, but I get syntax error on step 2:

I click "new condition" or is it "new event" and i have missed it?
    I try and compare two values to make the Shoot < shoot_max but it gives syntax.

Could you show me a printscreen of how its in the ecent list editor? I would be really happy

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is another example with flags and a timer for learning purposes.
    I also included zip2kx's example in the first Frame.
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Wodjanoi! I will try the flag option. You suggest I put it right under touch button 1? Im trying now

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast