User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Animation of object problem

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Animation of object problem

I have this object which has 4 different animations
    stopped
    attack
    dodge
    duck

when a counter hits 1 it creates the object and set it to stopped
    when the counter is 2 it creates the object with animation attack.

now the problem:

when the object is created it always shows a mili second of the stopped animation even if the counter is 2 and attack should be show it shows stopped first then really fast turns into attack.
    is there a way for the object to not show the stopped animation first, I tried deleting stopped and make a new animation but it just shows the first animation in the list for a split second.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds like an event order issue. Is the when the counter is 2 it creates the object with animation attack event lower down than the
    when a counter hits 1 it creates the object and set it to stopped
    event?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well it's not really an oder thing If i am not mistaken it's like this:

the stopped animation is a character that just stands. and there's really not a line of code that asks for the stopped movement to appear.
    only lines like:
    when counter is 1 animation fight will appear, but in the creation of the object it just shows the stopped animation for a split second like a flickering. there's not a line of code anywhere that asks for the stopped animation, but it's the first animation to appear ofcourse so I might understand that it must show that one first by creation

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it is possible to fix this, I just need to make different objects, because it doesn't matter what order I set things it will always flash the first animation of the object when it get's created.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about if you use only custom animations? But maybe it will not make a difference because it might always show a millisec. Of the first animation in the list? Or maybe have the first frame in the stopped animation empty?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fusion only decides which animation to show at the end of the event loop. So it doesn't actually display anything when it's created - only after it's finished reading the events. So if you have the order events set up appropriately, there's no need to see that "stopped" animation. For instance, in this example the "stopped" animation is never seen. I've attached the mfa, so you can see for yourself.

In your MFA, the add 1 to counter action (or its equivalent) is probably not in between the other two events, which is why you're seeing the "stopped" animation (as since the counter doesn't actually equal 2 until the frame after the object is created).

If it's impossible or impractical for some reason for you to have the order of events like this, then I figured out a workaround, which is in the second frame of the attached MFA. It sets the Active Object to a brief 'empty' animation upon creation (effectively making the object invisible for its first frame of existence)
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh wow, I see what you did here, this is actully brilliant and working. I used the second example and it doesn't show any weird stopped animation!
    Thanks for taking the time to help me out, gonna save the example in a file in case I forget it one day!

Thanks!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool Glad it helped

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get it... Does he WANT the counter = 20, Counter = 21 delay? If not, couldn't you just do this instead?
    [Counter] = 20: Create [Object] at (200,100) layer 1 + Change animation sequence to green?

It appears in the empty workaround code, there are two "[Counter] = 21:", so changing the created object to empty animation is entirely useless, since it immediately gets changed to green any way.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops, I think I was foggy when I did that. The method works, but the example was flawed. Here's a fixed version.
    Attached files Attached files

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast