User Tag List

Thread: Rotate Active Based on Mouse Position

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rotate Active Based on Mouse Position

In Fusion, for some reason moving using angles is counter clockwise, but ATan2 is clockwise which make the mouse angle movement mirror itself.
    Does anyone know how to fix this?

I want the rotating active ship to move and rotate around based of the mouse position.

Rocket Game Proto.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fixed

Thanks to OKAsti from the Zentaco Productions Discord. https://discord.gg/WKbrG9q

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know you said it's already fixed, but for anyone else who wants to know on what to do to fix:

Change:
    - Always -> [Rotation] -> Set angle to ( ATan2(XMouse - X( "Enemy Ball" ), Y( "Enemy Ball" ) - YMouse) + 360 ) mod 360

to this:
    - Always -> [Rotation] -> Set angle to ( ( ATan2(XMouse - X( "Enemy Ball" ), Y( "Enemy Ball" ) - YMouse) + 360 ) mod 360 ) * -1

Basically, I added ()'s in all the math, and then a * -1 at the end of that.

Clickteam Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've mixed up x and y in the atan2 function.

Simply try ATan2( Y - Y2, X2 - X )
    ...where X and Y is the position of the object, and X2/Y2 is where you want the object to look at.

Saying this for reference when someone else comes across this thread (which is why I'd be neat if you said what fixed it).
    - BartekB, a.k.a Uppernate
    Join the Click Converse Discord! - https://discord.gg/7RNXFrC
    Dungeon Raiders! - Link soon™

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you guys know if there's a heads up about the most practical geometrical math expressions that can be used in game design, especially for creating complex movement patterns? I know there are dudes out there who basically calculate everything (for example boss creature limbs) using sin and cos expressions and I would love to learn this too. Also, are there more functions like ATan2 out there, which are of highly practical (every day) use? Besides using ATan2 I only know how to calculate distances and got a simple sine wave movement to work, but that's about it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I highly recommend this: MATH: How I stopped worrying and learned to love the Expression Editor ($0.99 on the Clickstore). It sounds like exactly what you want, Julian.

As it happens, I just went through it myself last night (despite buying it months ago). The earlier sections are pretty basic, but towards the end it gets into some really cool examples with trigonometry, easing, and bezier curves. The snake movement is incredible!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, man! I didn't know this existed, will buy it today! I also found a nice set of tutorials on game math on youtube, it starts pretty basic, which is good for a dude like me :P https://www.youtube.com/user/BSVino

edit: I had a quick first look at the Clickstore tutorial, exactly what I was looking for, many thanks again!!

edit2: This stuff is insane, didn't even know things like this are possible with Fusion!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a better version.

( ATan2(XMouse - X( "Enemy Ball" ), Y( "Enemy Ball" ) - YMouse) ) * -1