Clicker Fusion 2.5HTML5 Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Convince Me On Fusion 2.5 - I'm Needing Info

Hi,

I am deciding on a Game Engine/Html Animator
    I want something that can do games as well as be a good multimedia program for Html & Exe's.

I have 3 that I am looking at (I already eliminated Construct 2 because of their recent subscription model fiasco.

What's left:

1) Fusion 2.5
    2) Game Maker 2
    3) Godot

I prefer not to program; I have enough languages to remember with php, js, vb, c# etc etc
    All 3 choices have point and click options instead of (or including) coding.

What I want to know... and only from people who use these programs.
    Why exactly is Fus2.5 better than the other two.

Thanks in Advance!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I switched from Game Maker to Fusion 2.5 and mainly because Game Maker removed most of their built-in features (from the earlier versions) and replaced it with this message: Code your own.

You cannot get very far with Game Maker's "drag and drop" system - it's very basic, beyond a space-invader or wack-a-mole type game you'll need coding and for a lot of very basic things you'll have to code your own or get an extension in their store - and the last I stopped using Game Maker their extension system needed some work. So it will require you to learn Game Maker language but they do have great documentation and tutorials and since you already know several languages you might be able to pick it up easily.

I did find that I was spending most of my time on learning Game Maker language rather than working on my game. They were changing it faster than I could keep up.

Fusion has a lot of built-in functions and is easier for someone with a non-coding background to pick up. Fusion 3 blog posts, however, scare me.

But really it's personal preference - there are positives and negatives to both of them. I'd recommend you download demo versions for both and see what you like.

One of the big differences is their approach to programming - Fusion makes things easy and if it can't do something it will skip it and carry on - for example if you ask it to delete an object that may or may not be there you can just say - destroy object. In Game Maker you have to first do a test to determine if the object is there and then only can you say destroy it, if you don't do that it will crash with the message: Can't find object. (Fusion has NEVER crashed with a can't find variable / can't find object error and unless you've use Game Maker you'll never know just how amazing THAT is!)

I've never heard of Godot.

Edit: All these programs have this "flaw" in common - they're only as good as the person using them.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea I recommend Clickteam Fusion. You can export in .exe, as Flash SWF, as a Mac run time, as HTML 5, as an iOS ap, as an Android app.

And I have had NO software crashes or errors from CT Fusion itself. Other than the errors happening in my own games, because the way I script from the ground up.

But yea, I hear CT Fusion is good if you have little to no programming knowledge. Though I am too scared about Fusion 3. Sounds like it's going to be another "Game Maker" deal where you basically can export as C+ code. So Fusion 3 is going to be pretty much "code your own" deal, it sounds like from what I can tell.

Clickteam Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty certain Fusion 3 won't be much of a difference to Fusion 2.5, I mean by how you make games, it'll be the same no-code interface. The "C++" part will just let advanced users smooth out their projects if they want to, it's optional. It'll also make creating extensions probably easier.

With this sort of community, it's granted a lot of extensions will be written, just look at Fusion 2.5.

Edit: I had to use game maker a bit for my course, my opinion of it is: It's an overcomplicated Fusion that relies on code most of the time as the drag & drop is heavily limited, I however did not use Godot
    - BartekB, a.k.a Uppernate
    Join the Click Converse Discord! - https://discord.gg/7RNXFrC
    Dungeon Raiders! - Link soon™

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Fusion 3 will have a OPTION to output your projects assets and events to C++, think of it as a exporter option. You will still program using eventing.

Clickteam on Twitter - Clickteam on Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Janette5 View Post
    I switched from Game Maker to Fusion 2.5 and mainly because Game Maker removed most of their built-in features (from the earlier versions) and replaced it with this message: Code your own.

You cannot get very far with Game Maker's "drag and drop" system - it's very basic, beyond a space-invader or wack-a-mole type game you'll need coding and for a lot of very basic things you'll have to code your own or get an extension in their store - and the last I stopped using Game Maker their extension system needed some work. So it will require you to learn Game Maker language but they do have great documentation and tutorials and since you already know several languages you might be able to pick it up easily.

I did find that I was spending most of my time on learning Game Maker language rather than working on my game. They were changing it faster than I could keep up.

Fusion has a lot of built-in functions and is easier for someone with a non-coding background to pick up. Fusion 3 blog posts, however, scare me.

But really it's personal preference - there are positives and negatives to both of them. I'd recommend you download demo versions for both and see what you like.

One of the big differences is their approach to programming - Fusion makes things easy and if it can't do something it will skip it and carry on - for example if you ask it to delete an object that may or may not be there you can just say - destroy object. In Game Maker you have to first do a test to determine if the object is there and then only can you say destroy it, if you don't do that it will crash with the message: Can't find object. (Fusion has NEVER crashed with a can't find variable / can't find object error and unless you've use Game Maker you'll never know just how amazing THAT is!)

I've never heard of Godot.

Edit: All these programs have this "flaw" in common - they're only as good as the person using them.
    Thanks for your input....

I did notice that about GM2's DnD... It took me about 1 hour to figure out how to move a sprite to a certain point and just stop it in it's track without 'destroying' it'.

In Fus2.5 (free), it took me 10 minutes on my 1st try.

So, what does Fus2.5 have that GM2 doesn't have ... feature wise?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by N64Mario View Post
    Yea I recommend Clickteam Fusion. You can export in .exe, as Flash SWF, as a Mac run time, as HTML 5, as an iOS ap, as an Android app.

And I have had NO software crashes or errors from CT Fusion itself. Other than the errors happening in my own games, because the way I script from the ground up.

But yea, I hear CT Fusion is good if you have little to no programming knowledge. Though I am too scared about Fusion 3. Sounds like it's going to be another "Game Maker" deal where you basically can export as C+ code. So Fusion 3 is going to be pretty much "code your own" deal, it sounds like from what I can tell.
    Thanks for your input...

Running on Windows, When you export to iOS.... Will it run right on a MAC or do I have to compile it directly on a MAC. Meaning, do I need to run Fus2.5 on a MAC, then export it as an iOS app??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BartekB View Post
    I'm pretty certain Fusion 3 won't be much of a difference to Fusion 2.5, I mean by how you make games, it'll be the same no-code interface. The "C++" part will just let advanced users smooth out their projects if they want to, it's optional. It'll also make creating extensions probably easier.

With this sort of community, it's granted a lot of extensions will be written, just look at Fusion 2.5.

Edit: I had to use game maker a bit for my course, my opinion of it is: It's an overcomplicated Fusion that relies on code most of the time as the drag & drop is heavily limited, I however did not use Godot
    Thanks for your input...

Godot... is a FREE (open source) game engine that looks pretty good. It does 2D and 3D.... but, their html5 output (export) is pretty sloppy. And you do have to do mostly coding unless you install a separate, buggy visual editor. So, even it looks promising... the html5 export has put me off. They too are developing a version 3, that looks promising.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisguri View Post
    Fusion 3 will have a OPTION to output your projects assets and events to C++, think of it as a exporter option. You will still program using eventing.
    Thanks for your input...

Why would I want to export to C++ ??

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelink View Post
    Thanks for your input...

Running on Windows, When you export to iOS.... Will it run right on a MAC or do I have to compile it directly on a MAC. Meaning, do I need to run Fus2.5 on a MAC, then export it as an iOS app??
    You can export it to an Xcode project on Windows or Mac. You will need a Mac to run Xcode and build the project.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast