User Tag List

Thread: Touch/Drag controls from a windows laptop, or a monitor with touch support?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Touch/Drag controls from a windows laptop, or a monitor with touch support?

I see a lot of topics about touch and drag on iOS support forum, but what if I want to make a touch, drag and drop script for a windows laptop that supports it? Or perhaps any windows PC that has a monitor with touch support, assuming iOS is for apple products only? WOuld I still use the iOS extensions, or is there a required object that is needed for thissituation?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you don't need any extensions for drag and drop support...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well.... I just found this object called Multiple Touch... Isn't that an extension, or whatever I'm looking for? It has expressions that you normally don't have, specific for that object.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Multiple Touch is an extension, but you don't need it for drag and drop.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're not talking about mouse drag and drop. We're talking about finger on a monitor drag and drop.

I tried an example that had mouse drag and drop no extensions to see if the monitor touch functions works, but it does not. So I don't know what you're talking about.

EDIT: So after more experiments, using the multiple touch object seems to have more control as opposed to just forcing the object at mouse X Y position. If you set the object at mouse X Y position, it seems you CAN drag with touch on monitor. Except if you wiggle the mouse too, the object wiggles too.

If I use the multi touch object, set the object at X touch and Y touch coordinates, wiggling the mouse will NOT affect the object.

So there IS a significant difference of using it. Unless you have a method to fix the wiggling of the object when moving the mouse while dragging with touch monitor without the extension.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The multitouch extension is not iOS specific. As for your concern with being able to use a mouse AND a screen touch at the same time, you either accept users might be stupid and do that or you need to code around it. One option I can think of would be to disable the mouse code when a touch is active using a flag or var.