Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jumping in a Top Down game?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jumping in a Top Down game?

Hi everyone, I'm trying to make a top-down game where the character can jump. Like in Story of Thore - Beyond Oasis. I haven't been able to find much in the way of tutorials on this kind of think. This sequence is an example of what I'm trying to do. https://youtu.be/H40274WHGhI?t=1h9s

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So not a top down game, but a 2.5D game? I would put an invisible detector object at the players feet. When you jump, the character sprite is moved upward, but the detector still stays at ground level. Therefore you can figure out the positioning of moving around while jumping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you nearly are right; you need a [ground detector-invisible] which is moved with your movement (up down left right), you do you jump just like side on-and using a foot detect which will stay with character, you add a negative value to his Y when you jump; and then inc that value which will give you the arc; when the foot detect comes down past the ground detector it will finish the jump.
    the ground detect will also move up and down if you want to jump up the screen or down the screen.
    use fast loop on the foot detector when moving the characters jump cycle to see if its coming downward and past the ground detector ending the jump.

its actually very easy - just sounds like a lot
    \added quick example/
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, guys, I think I'm starting to work it out. I seem to have a lot more variables than what you have in your example. But I'm sure I'll work it out. Here's what I have so far. Level_Background_Test_04.mfa I don't think I've quite got it yet but let me know what you guys think.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yo, I felt like procrastinating from my own stuff and decided to re-do your file >_< nothing too fancy here, but nice and solid.. it should be easy to learn from and expand on.
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks DaveC, can I use your work in my project?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you definitely can! no credit needed etc. Let me know if you have any issues working with it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks man.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to just jump into the conversation out of the blue, but I was trying to archive the same thing. how can the player jump on solid or moving platforms?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would the feet director have to move with the player? In beyond oasis the player can move in 4 directions and jump i stuck on this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast