User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Clickteam Fusion MFA file size limits?!?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Clickteam Fusion MFA file size limits?!?

Hi Folks.

Can someone here help ease my concerns about the file size limitations of a Clickteam Fusion MFA file... My big gaming project, Dungeoneer, the MFA file is currently 768Mb in size, the in-game frame count is around 340 frames. With still some way to go before I complete the game, I'm starting to get concerned about the sizes. I am pretty sure there is no limit on frame count, can anyone confirm that for me? But my main question is in regards to the actual file size. With the 1Gb approaching, and it's possible I'll reach it too, I'm wondering if I need to be aware of any limitations Fusion is going to having as the MFA gets so big!

If anyone from Clickteam themselves see this, could you give me some feedback please! Am I good to keep going, or am I approaching a danger zone and need to bring the game to an end A.S.A.P.?
    KnightTrek Productions
    http://www.knighttrek.com

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Paul

As far as I know it's 2GB . But you can use external artworks too . And it give you more size for your game as I think so.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh that's a really big .exe

Put graphics and sound in a subfolder and load them using $AppPath expression

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback. If it is indeed 2Gb that will be grand, the game is over 50% done so I won't hit that high. In regards to keeping the artwork and music externally, I could do it with the artwork but the music is under royalty free license and has to kept inside the application so can't keep that outside. Work is continuing, hope Fusion keeps it all together.
    KnightTrek Productions

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if there will be file size limits for the future of Fusion 3 Apps. I imagine the same size limit?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd look at having your resources external to the application. Otherwise every small update will result in a massive download for the end user. There are most likely options where you could store the music in an external protected file.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul says he can't have the music external to the application.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just checking: you're using OGG or MP3 and not WAV, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    Just checking: you're using OGG or MP3 and not WAV, right?
    Yes, using OGG. Music files aren't that big. I think the majority of the bulk is coming from the graphical content. There is a lot! And a lot of animated stuff too, and I'm not talking about the movie files which are whole other massive content area. The game folder is humongous!
    KnightTrek Productions

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should be fine then if you don't mind using some external graphics. I use them for some of my graphics, and as well as shrinking the exe size, it actually makes the process of tweaking and updating the graphics much more painless

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast