User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Isometric Lighting Engine - OUT NOW

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much! I guess ill try to make something else meanwhile (because i was designing a puzzle based on the animations of the statue in the game.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarB View Post
    Ah yes you're right I did have the same amount of frames. I'll try to implement a frame storing system since that seems like the best workaround.
    Have you had anytime to look at this? or any pointers how you would do it? I have not been able to fix this

Clicker Fusion 2.5iOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the lack of updates, I'm making progress though - storing the frames works, but they still de-sync because of animation speed vs framerate vs when each tile loads. I'm experimenting with a custom animation timer, though this requires the array to store max frames and speed as well as the current frame. Hoping it doesn't eat up too much CPU by reading all this at tile refresh. Will keep updating on this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for getting back to me. I've also wondered about parallax scrolling backgrounds and the like? how would I implement those since the conventional scrolling is not used?

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found a simple(ish) solution that doesn't require any array stuff (see attached). Easy to implement but I might add it if there is enough demand in a future update.

Re parallax scrolling, this can be done with the Layer object, I think there's a few examples here on the forums. You would need to move all current objects up by however many layers is necessary.
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IsoLight is featured on The Reactor! Become a patron by subscribing to the Clicker tier and get a free copy.

Here is a little tutorial video I made for the Reactor stream:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IsoLight is now 70% off for a holiday sale!

12th December to 5th January

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any plans to make a 2D Topdown lighting engine of the same kind of style? Something that could be used for 2D zelda-like games?

I'd like to implement some fancy lighting into my games dungeons some time in the future.. I could do it myself.. haha but if you can adapt this to a 2D lighting engine, I'd be interested in doing less work myself!

(for reference) https://twitter.com/DaveCurtis86/sta...63248375758848

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @DaveC could be done with normal maps and a shadow system for smooth lighting, grid lighting might be a bit more difficult with the top-down 2.5d but could be workable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello again. There has been happening some slight frogress, a short gameplay video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DB6VdJ_kPww

At this moment I am struggling to implement smooth scrolling that is not entirely locked on the player. Ive tried the easing object but experience lot of back and forth stutter. IF you have time and some ideas your help would be greatly appreciated.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast