Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Isometric Lighting Engine - OUT NOW

Clicker Fusion 2.5iOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    I will definitely fix any bugs users come across. If there is enough demand for a specific feature I'll put it in, though the engine is designed to be modified and built upon by the user. It should work with all exporters (within the limits mentioned before). Any bugs with these I wouldn't be able to address since they would be on the exporter code side of things but of course if something needs to be changed in the mfa for improved compatibility I'm happy to work it out.

Looks pretty cool! Can this be used for other types of games... say "Double Dragon" or "River City Ransom" type games — and not just isometric vantage point?

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Thanks! It's designed for isometric, though there may be some techniques that could be helpful for other "2.5D" games. The games you mention wouldn't be too complicated to make in Fusion though with a few basic collison and sort order techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by SolarB View Post
    Animated tiles are definitely possible without much modification. You would need to change "force animation frame" to "change animation sequence" in the floor and walls in the "Update" group.
    Hello again. I got the animations working like this for the tiles. Problem is when moving around with scrolling enabled the animations start over from the first frame. Tried enabling and disabling the "compability" (Do not reset frame duration when animation is modified.) So I am not sure what to do. Maybe creating a system that saves the number of frame to an array and loads it could do the trick.(not sure how to implement it)
    Last edited by gurglak; 9th August 2017 at 12:44 PM.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by gurglak View Post
    Problem is when moving around with scrolling enabled the animations start over from the first frame.
    Oops I should have said use directions instead of animation sequence. I *think* this fixes the issue!

With the directions I have the same problem :/

I tested it and it should work. Also make sure you get rid of the "cubes for ground" section of code as this might be messing with it as well.

If you're running it uncapped at 999 fps setting the animation speed to below 20 causes issues. This seems like a weird fusion quirk. But if you're running 60fps (vsync) it should be fine at any animation speed. Also for some weird reason all your animations must be the same speed.

With sequence (you can see the numbers resetting):

With directions (working):

Last edited by SolarB; 22nd August 2017 at 10:21 PM.

Thanks again solarB for swift reply and the effort to try this out! Unfortunately trying those did not help. I am just guessing but when you tested with numbers did you have same amount of frames per direction as well? I just copy pasted the same animation to all directions (so identical amount of frames) and it started working, but with different amount of frames in the directions of animation I get the same issue. So running the directions in same speed and same amount of frames will make it really difficult for me to have animated tiles. Although its highly likely there is something else wrong with my events. Oh also I am using the "walls" animated as well so this might bring up some more problems aswell.

Ah yes you're right I did have the same amount of frames. I'll try to implement a frame storing system since that seems like the best workaround.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast