User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alternative save game extensions? Help me ceate a save game feature.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alternative save game extensions? Help me ceate a save game feature.

Is there such a thing as a Save State extension? Something that works like save states do in emulators (such as WinUAE)? I ask because I just cannot get any of the default save objects to work with my game. I think maybe because I've designed the game in such a way as to make saving a game an impossibility or at the very least incredibly difficult. It doesn't help that there are no tutorials for large complex games to follow (they all seem to be for single screen simple affairs).

I'd really like to implement some sort of memory dump feature. One that can be selected in the File command in the tool bar, to dump the entire game in memory to a file which can be loaded from.

Or maybe some genius could have a look at my game and tell me whether 1. it's possible, or 2. someone can do it for me, for which you get a credit and my eternal gratitude!

So desperate am I to add a save game feature I'm linking my entire .mfa here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/017nvrnx8n...20168.mfa?dl=0
    You'll have to forgive the messy coding - I haven't yet got into the habit of optimizing my games... probably why I'm having such a hard time adding a save game feature myself.

Run it to see how it plays with the inventory system etc, then have a look at the frame and the code and tell me what can be done. Thanks.
    A lack of a save game feature is the only thing preventing me from releasing the game on retro forums... well that and a bit more polishing up.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just checked out your game. It looks pretty awesome!

As for saving, there is a "Save Game object" that will save the coordinates, direction/speed/animation, and alterable values of active objects. That would be useful for the items and the enemies. As for other save item stuff like the inventory you're currently holding you can easily use either an INI object or an Array object to save it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that best option would be to save the data manually either by using the ini, array or binary object.

I personally prefer using the binary object for saving data. Mainly because it allow you to apply your own structures and protection. With arrays being widely used due to their ease of use the structure is common knowledge so would be easily edited for cheating. but if you're not overly worried by this arrays would be easier (also are supported on more platforms than the binary object).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay thanks. I guess I'll just have to keep playing around with ini's and arrays until something works. I did however find a curious tutorial on YT for a save state function. It requires the game to be using the platform engine object though, which I didn't use - I used fast loops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping some expert on here can figure out why this is happening. I added a savestate function by following a tutorial on Youtube by AlmightyZenTaco. When I load my frame everything goes to ****.
    Here's an updated .mfa (you need Text Blitter extension) and the actual game is in the "Map" frame, so run that.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dpxgo8zc68...20169.mfa?dl=0

Try saving with F5 and then load with F8 and you'll see what happens. Randomly a whole bunch of events trigger at once and massively breaks the game. ZenTaco can't figure it out, although he did say his savestate method wouldn't save the inventory objects but can see no reason why the rest of it wouldn't work and why it goes spectacularly wrong.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also having problems with making a save feature with my game. I can save counters using 'ITEM NAME'.
    My issue is saving multiple "Global Values" with 'Set Value'

My Example:

---START OF FRAME---
    Change a Global Value 'G' (Right click INI) 'Get Value'
    Change a Global Value 'H' (Right click INI) 'Get Value'

---END OF FRAME---
    Set item value Global Value 'G'
    Set item value Global Value 'H'

It seems like its setting all the global values to 0??? EDIT: It's using Global Value 'G' to set every Global Value

Any help would be great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bug. It's a bug in the software. All my active objects with a movement that are set to stop at the start of the frame will move when the frame is loaded. If I add an event to stop the movement of these objects when the frame is loaded the events are ignored and the objects continue to move.

Hopefully this bug gets fixed in Fusion 3.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Report the bug and it should get fixed in the upcoming builds of 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danworth View Post
    Report the bug and it should get fixed in the upcoming builds of 2.5
    I did, I sent them an email. Though I'm not sure that was the correct procedure for a bug report.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the Bouncing Ball movement that's bugged. Other types of movement appear to be unaffected. If I use Pinball movement instead then the bug doesn't occur when loading frame from file - however I can't get the pinball movement to move an object in only one direction (i.e across the ground left or right).

Are there any other movement types (possible plug-ins) that behave like the Bouncing ball movement? Forget path movements they're just as f'ked up for other reasons and impossible to set them exactly where you want them to go. I just need a movement type for moving an object left or right or up and down that can be set to stop at the start of the frame... that isn't a bouncing ball movement. Seems kind of odd that there isn't this basic movement type by default in Fusion 2.5 or Multimedia Fusion 2.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast