User Tag List

Thread: Compositrons - A robot-collecting RPG

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Compositrons - A robot-collecting RPG

So, I've been discussing this game on the Clickteam Discord channel for a while now (as well as the Happy Frog Games Discord channel), but Compositrons is, to put it bluntly, a robot-themed RPG with a large helping of Pokemon inspiration fueling it. The game has plenty of distinct differences from its inspiration, however, such as the inclusion of movement mechanics, simultaneous turns, an energy limit shared between all attacks, and vastly different level mechanics.

More details are at the GameJolt page: http://gamejolt.com/games/compositrons/263679

Oh, here's a screenshot of the overworld engine:

Overworld engine screenshot 1.jpg

And here's a picture showing the choices you'll have for your first Compositron:
    Starters v2 x3scale.png

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, two things...

1. I've come up with a possible tag-line: "Unleash the Machines"
    2. Which Compositron do you want to see the final form of first? I made a poll for it, so you guys can vote here: https://www.poll-maker.com/results11...6F-47#s2_tab-2

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The design for Bladecrash, the second form of Crushbot, has been unveiled!

Also, just started a sort of webcomic themed on Compositrons.

You can see them both here: http://gamejolt.com/games/compositro...comic-5vyevfm5

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A new devlog is up!: http://gamejolt.com/games/compositro...ished-6iemdhfn

To put it simply, my brother and I (mostly my brother) have come up with a bit more than half of the necessary number of concepts for Compositron designs.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh I've been away from this section for a while,
    I see you've made up some cool new project, this one looks great,
    and the "comics" idea is very nice too (and comics uploaded so far are fun and lighthearted)
    will be following this one too

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! Interestingly enough, I'm actually using one of P3D's competitors for this one (I'm using Firefly), but it's still nice to know that there's interest in it regardless.

In other news... The project is likely going to be put on hold for a while. The reason is so me and my brother can work on a simpler more-or-less traditional RPG first to get more experience with that, and then use what we learned we did right and what we did wrong to make Compositrons a better game.

Well, that, and I have so many other projects to work on as it stands.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ahah yeah, well in fact I thought it was not P3D mainly because of the bench,
    such things were not that comfortable to make with P3D1.x
    and they would have looked a bit bad when too near because of very different pieces dimensions,
    at the time you posted that pic version 2.0 was still in the works
    (ehehe no competitors, we're playing in the same big tournament, but running different challenges, not matching against )

Anyway, I understand about the pause, it looks like a cool project,
    I like the idea of improving/collecting robots and adding RPGish elements like overworld exploration,
    and the comics was an additional very nice touch, it was (is) an interesting mixture of genres,
    hope the happyfrog team will gather experience on RPGs and come back to the project with more powers in the future