User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Creating a Scrollable Container Object

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except in Firefly.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Way to derail the OP's topic. :/

You can "connect" child objects by setting one of each child's alterable values to the parent container's Fixed Value. Then you can reference that Fixed Value with a comparison condition when you want to retrieve information about those specific children. It can be a little confusing at first but you might want to give a very specific example of what you can't get working.

It sounds like you either need to track when any child's y position is lower than the top of the container? Or when a specific number of children are in the container?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Just for verification, sub-apps can be used in Standard. You just can't create MDI applications with them nor dock, but the typical standard features are in there.

If I have your idea right, I could be wrong, but a sub-app would be the way forward with sharing global values.
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. I got a lot of responses rather quickly. Thanks!

I will certainly look into the "sub app" option, I do have Fusion 2.5 Developer.

As far as a "very specific" scenario: I am importing a list of user-defined topics from an array. I want this array to produce buttons for each element extracted. As these options extend past the user-viewable area I want to be able to scroll through them to view all of the options available. I guess if this isn't feasible I can look into some sort of pagination to complete the goal.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4verageGamer View Post
    Wow. I got a lot of responses rather quickly. Thanks!

I will certainly look into the "sub app" option, I do have Fusion 2.5 Developer.

As far as a "very specific" scenario: I am importing a list of user-defined topics from an array. I want this array to produce buttons for each element extracted. As these options extend past the user-viewable area I want to be able to scroll through them to view all of the options available. I guess if this isn't feasible I can look into some sort of pagination to complete the goal.
    I'm curious to see how this pans out

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. I really misinterpreted your original question, I guess. It sounds like a sub app is the way to go. Just resize its frame based on the vertical space occupied by the button objects. If the frame is larger than the sub app's window size, then the scroll bar should just appear. This is all just a guess, but I think it will be straight forward once you dig into the sub app settings a little.

EDIT: After trying it, it seems there is no scrollbar option for subapps. You could try the List View object. It is more like a spreadsheet grid, but it has a scrollbar option and you could repurpose the grid cells as buttons. They can accept clicks and can be created at runtime.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creating a Scrollable Container Object

You don't need a scroll bar for sub apps. Just set an actives Y position to the scroll mouse and center scroll the window position to that active. Therefore it will scroll within the container.

You could also make your own scroll bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2