User Tag List

Thread: Help moving my enemies lacewing

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help moving my enemies lacewing

Hello I'm trying to sync all my enemies between clients, the chanel master spawns enemys and other peers get the position, any one can check my code and tellme what i'm doing wrong?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks about right. A couple things:
    You should be using Send, not Blast. Blast is faster, but it's not guaranteed to get there. With important things like enemy creation, you'd be better off using Send.
    Blast is more suitable for player movement updating, where missing a few messages won't hurt.

Second, you should look into binary messages. It's faster to add shorts with X/Y/ID, then send the binary, than it is to convert them to a string, add joint them to gether then on the other end split the string up, convert the splitted parts into numbers...

There should be a help file, but I'd recommend using Lacewing Blue Client, as it will tell you off if you do something wrong, whereas Lacewing Relay Client will deal with it quietly in its own way.

See here for more info.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phi View Post
    It looks about right. A couple things:
    You should be using Send, not Blast. Blast is faster, but it's not guaranteed to get there. With important things like enemy creation, you'd be better off using Send.
    Blast is more suitable for player movement updating, where missing a few messages won't hurt.

Second, you should look into binary messages. It's faster to add shorts with X/Y/ID, then send the binary, than it is to convert them to a string, add joint them to gether then on the other end split the string up, convert the splitted parts into numbers...

There should be a help file, but I'd recommend using Lacewing Blue Client, as it will tell you off if you do something wrong, whereas Lacewing Relay Client will deal with it quietly in its own way.

See here for more info.
    Hey thanks for the answere, I tryed to use bluewing but never manage it to work, always crashes my app or some random freezes...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknowner View Post
    Hey thanks for the answer, I tried to use bluewing but never manage it to work, always crashes my app or some random freezes...
    Contact me on the Clickteam Discord if you get issues with Blue, I'll fix 'em.
    The current build of Lacewing Blue Client is 67, but I'll be releasing build 68 of the client at some point today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phi View Post
    Contact me on the Clickteam Discord if you get issues with Blue, I'll fix 'em.
    The current build of Lacewing Blue Client is 67, but I'll be releasing build 68 of the client at some point today.
    Thanks for all ill try to remake my app with blue client updated, anyways my method to move enemys is correct or how should i do it?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your way of communicating is like multiplying a number by adding a lot. It's not "incorrect", it'll still work, but it's not efficient.

As I mentioned, you should look into binary messages. Check out the help file included with Lacewing to get a better idea about that, or ask on the Clickteam Discord and I'll walk you through.

PS: Bluewing Client b70 is out, you should definitely download it here (and it'll be on CEM soon). It has some significant fixes.