User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bluewing or Lacewing (Or Online Multiplayer) Success Stories

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bluewing or Lacewing (Or Online Multiplayer) Success Stories

I am wondering if anyone has any success stories with working with multiplayer with Clickteam Fusion? I am asking because I have not been able to get it to work well, and I want to know if its even possible before I pour in even more hours and hours into trying to get it to work well.

I've put some time into working with Bluewing, and was unable to get it to work and continued to come across bug after bug and couldn't get the players to stay connected after switching frames. I then switched over to Lacewing and was able to get players connected and able to get the game world sent over and players could walk around and see each other, but sometimes messages wouldn't get sent over, or players would randomly disconnect and so forth which really messes up the multiplayer experience and makes it not worth adding if players will have to deal with those frustrations.

Multiplayer is new to me, but Clickteam products are not as I've used Clickteam products for 10 years now. I hope to be able to figure out Online Multiplayer, but I don't want to waste days of work on something that might not work well.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i did some little games like 4 co-op multiplayer and managed to made them work without bugs but dunno how it will work on a big one

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you use Bluewing or Lacewing?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have asked about online thing for fusion 3 like 8 months ago, still no news, I think it's too hard to make a gret online multiplayer game. I managed to make a small one. I really hope they have something easier in store for f3

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made a working online pictionary game with lacewing years ago. It worked fine with no bugs. Looking back at the file, the server closed down so I would have to update it to a working server, but it should work fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilized79 View Post
    I have asked about online thing for fusion 3 like 8 months ago, still no news, I think it's too hard to make a gret online multiplayer game. I managed to make a small one. I really hope they have something easier in store for f3
    Clickteam has said that Fusion 3 will support multiplayer games, but not using Lacewing. Phi might port Bluewing to F3, though.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't there that mmo fusion game smiley town or something like that? That would be a solid example. You could make towns/houses and interact like any typical mmo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by advaith View Post
    Clickteam has said that Fusion 3 will support multiplayer games, but not using Lacewing. Phi might port Bluewing to F3, though.
    Great to know! We've still got some time before we launch the game through Steam Direct, so maybe Fusion 3 will launch before we do and we can look into adding multiplayer through the Clickteam Built-in System which would be better I would imagine.

Am I correct in thinking that Fusion 3 should launch before the end of the year?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say go check the Fusion 3 Current Status thread, but, no, don't do that. Unless you have strong opinions on things that simply must be shared.

Fusion 3 has multiple dates floating around. By the end of the year seems lofty. I'm personally thinking some point before/around the middle of next year. But I am just as uninformed as the next guy.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, clickteam has confirmed that it will launch by the end of the year, but [NOTE: THE FOLLOWING IS NOT OFFICIAL] it's possible it might get delayed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast