User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Will the UWP exporter be abandonned like the XNA one?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great, so what is the problem for official release on the store?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Correct, Microsoft has yet to open the flood gates in this regard.

Clickteam on Twitter - Clickteam on Facebook

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As it currently stands - the UWP just exports to windows phones?
    A basic Fusion build exports to windows anyway (I have my windows tablet running my game just perfectly, as a straight Fusion exe build).
    Without XBOX support, what is the relevance of the UWP, especially at it's very high price (£150 here in UK)?

Genuine question as I was thinking of buying it.

Thanks

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Kazuya!

You can build and test on a Xbox one, Windows Phones and tablets. Its TOTALLY up to Microsoft when the decide to begin publishing UWP projects to the Xbox Platform. I have zero control over what Microsoft does or doesn't do. A recent post (last few months) from microsoft suggests they are close.

Clickteam on Twitter - Clickteam on Facebook

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisguri View Post
    Kazuya!

You can build and test on a Xbox one, Windows Phones and tablets. Its TOTALLY up to Microsoft when the decide to begin publishing UWP projects to the Xbox Platform. I have zero control over what Microsoft does or doesn't do. A recent post (last few months) from microsoft suggests they are close.

Okay, that's good news ^^ thanks

It will certainly be worth the asking price once XBOX is supported properly. Quite a few of my friends have windows phones, so I am still tempted to get the UWP just for that.

Thanks

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, the UWP exporter can create Windows 10 apps that can be put on the Windows Store, but that can also be done with the normal Windows Desktop (EXE) exporter and the Desktop Bridge, which I told you about in the other thread.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A recent post (last few months) from microsoft suggests they are close.
    That's a good news!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by advaith View Post
    Also, the UWP exporter can create Windows 10 apps that can be put on the Windows Store, but that can also be done with the normal Windows Desktop (EXE) exporter and the Desktop Bridge, which I told you about in the other thread.
    You mean that the UWP exporter is useless? As it as a slow runtime, if we can use a bridge between EXE and UWP it should be a better option, no?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
    You mean that the UWP exporter is useless? As it as a slow runtime, if we can use a bridge between EXE and UWP it should be a better option, no?
    It wouldn't be fair to say it's useless. Being able to build for Xbox is pretty major, but even that still needs a bit of work.

Given the trouble you've been having (keyboard stuff immediately comes to mind), Desktop Bridge sounds like a good solution for you.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raxabit View Post
    It wouldn't be fair to say it's useless. Being able to build for Xbox is pretty major, but even that still needs a bit of work.

Given the trouble you've been having (keyboard stuff immediately comes to mind), Desktop Bridge sounds like a good solution for you.
    But i Don't know if it will handle Xbox Connect and Xbox Gamepad, the tool needs to download the last Windows 10 image to work (3.3GB), and everything is in DOS mode. I'll try it later. I've saw that the UWP exporter is no longer available on the clickstore, and the forum is not really active, so i was thinking about this post. I've predicted the end of UWP exporter like it happened to XNA exporter. I'm sure they want to keep the Xbox feature for Fusion 3.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast