User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Will the UWP exporter be abandonned like the XNA one?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will the UWP exporter be abandonned like the XNA one?

All is in the title, i can't hide that i'm really disappointed about it.
    The XNA exporter have been abandonned, and now the UWP exporter have absolutely no update/support...
    There is too much bugs actually to release a game on W10 or WM10...

Should we just move on to another exporter instead of waiting for something that will never come? Please some news about it will be welcome.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The XNA exporter was abandoned after a couple years because Microsoft deprecated it, but Microsoft won't deprecate UWP anytime soon.

Also, you say it has "no update/support", but it was updated just a couple days ago, and if you post a bug they will try to fix it.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What kind of bugs do you have?

the UWP exporter have absolutely no update/support
    EDIT: list of bugs that have been fixed in the 3 latest official builds:

Build 289

- Sub-app object: crash due to unremoved debug code (fixed in version 288.4 of the exporter).
    - Pause / Resume sample didn't work correctly.
    - Set sample position didn't work correctly.
    - Physics - Platform movement: initial direction not correctly taken into account.
    - Rope and Chain object: incorrect position when it's not created at start.
    - Alterable string by index didn't work correctly.
    - Physics - Bouncing Ball movement: Set Direction didn't work correctly.
    - Physics - Bouncing Ball movement: initial direction not correctly taken into account.

Build 288

- Fast loops could be called twice when the frame has a fade-in transition.
    - Rounding issue in Set Font Size action.
    - Move before / move behind actions didn't work.
    - Active Backdrop object: the hotspot of the image was not ignored, unlike the other runtimes.
    - Active Picture object: hot spots incorrectly handled.
    - Active Picture object: size expressions didn't return correct values in case or scaling and/or rotation.
    - Button object: the System Colors option was ignored.
    - HTML5 object: the Browser / Get OS Name function now returns "Windows.Desktop" on desktop machines, "Windows.Mobile" on Windows phones, "Windows.Xbox" on Xbox.
    - List Box object: problem with Sort option when the object was visible and a hidden non-empty object couldn't be shown.
    - List Box object: it was incorrectly set to multiple selection mode.
    - Multiple Touch object: didn't recognize multiple touches.
    - Physics Movement: Get Mass expression crash.
    - String object: its height was incorrect when it's not aligned with the top.
    - String object: there was no interline between text lines in multi-line texts.
    - String object: word wrap issue with some texts.
    - String object: the bottom of some texts was truncated.
    - String Tokenizer object: Element$ function not correctly protected against invalid indexes.
    - All objects: new Name function, that allows you to retrieve the name of an object.
    - Physics movements: new Get Angular Velocity expression.

Build 287

- New property to select the background color of the splash screen.
    - Min/Max target version properties are now also updated in the project file.
    - "Every XX" condition was incorrectly triggered at restart of frame or jumping to the same frame.
    - Speed improvement in texture updates.
    - Speed improvement in scrolling games.
    - Embedded files: didn't work correctly.
    - Bug when a frame ends, some objects could be temporarily recreated, caused delays between frames.
    - Fixed a bug in collision routines when the mosaics option is selected.
    - Bug in collision with added backdrops if the hotspot of the image was not in 0,0.
    - Bug in initialization of old semi-transparency coefficient value when the object hasn't a blending effect.
    - The Load All Data At Start and Keep Resources Between Frames options are now unselected by default in new applications. Make sure these options are off for your bigger applications otherwise they may prevent them from working due to high memory usage.
    - Accelerometer didn't take device orientation into account.
    - Active System Box / Background System Box: object not refreshed after you enable or disable it.
    - Active System Box / Background System Box and Quick Backdrop: clipping issue for objects with a pattern in scrolling apps.
    - Edit box object: "case modification" property not taken into account.
    - Edit box / List box / Combo Box / Array objects: loading / saving issues.
    - Edit box / List box / Combo Box objects: now support UTF-8 text files (with BOM)..
    - INI object: bug with embedded files.
    - List box: bug in Reset action for visible controls.
    - Edit box object: Edittext$ now forces the text to lower case or upper case if the "case modification" property is set to lower or upper case. In the previous version only the display of the control was affected by this property.
    - Graphic Font object: the width of some characters was incorrectly calculated on some devices.
    - Graphic Font object: didn't work with String objects.
    - Graphic Font object: clipping issue in scrolling apps.
    - List & ComboBox objects: Sort option dind't work.
    - MoveIt object now available for this runtime.
    - Multiple Touch object: fixes.
    - Physics movements: a wrong angle passed to Set Angle action could cause crashes.
    - Physics Particules was missing.
    - String object: incorrect height.
    - String Tokenizer: when the delimiter is Newline$ the sub-strings could have an invisible ending character in some cases.
    - System Box objects: incorrect disabled color.
    - System Box objects: in undetermined cases the hot spot of the image can be different from 0, causing the image to be displayed at a wrong location. To fix it, re-edit the image in the build 287.3 or greater (= open the picture editor) so that the hot spot is forced to 0,0.
    - Pinball movement: negative speed was forbidden.
    - Sub-app object: incorrect size and position of control objects.
    - XboxGamepad extension was missing.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dobermann,

I'm working on a game for Xbox and Windows 10 (and Windows Mobile too by the way). So your post interests me. I've checked the clickteam's bug box and I have only found 6 opened "Bug/Issue reports".
    I've also made some tests on the UWP version of my game on Windows 10 and it seems to work well (except the framerate that is lower than an exe but it remains playable).

Would you please list (very quickly) the issues you're encountering ?

And to finish, I may be wrong but I think UWP exporter uses HTML5 to export Fusion project (Visual Studio then embeds or converts HTML5 code). So UWP exporter development is "attached" to HTML5 development (optimising the work for clickteam).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's funny that you say it's linked to HTML5 because the issue I'm having is my UWP export works with colour diffretials and html5 export doesnt In this respect the UWP is better than HTML5 export.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only question I'm asking myself about this exporter is: when will it allow to export on XBox one?
    What is blocking at this level, and especially is it planned to be fixed in the coming months?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has nothing to do with Clickteam, it's just currently no UWP apps can run on the Xbox one yet, AFAIK.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's Microsoft fault?
    And any news about that from them?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You can test on a Xbox One since release of the exporter.

Clickteam on Twitter - Clickteam on Facebook

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, sorry if I wasn't clear; you can test, but I'm pretty sure you can't release it on the Store, but I could be wrong.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast