User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Its possible to make a semi-transparent SubApp? (Or a workaround)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Its possible to make a semi-transparent SubApp? (Or a workaround)

As the tilte says, its possible to make a semi-transparent SubApp?
    've already tried changing the frame "blend coefficient" and also setting effects like "semi-transparent" on it without sucess. I also noticed that you can't apply a fade-in effect on it or its simple wont appear until the effect ends.

So its possible? Or I would need to screen capture the game via "Screen Capture object" before the SubApp opens and set it as a BG for my new SubApp via "File" and "Active Image", setting the image as semi-transparent? I think the effect would be the same since the game itself would be paused, but I don't know if relying on screen capturing, loading the image and deleting it from HDD at the same second is a good idea.

Clickteam Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a Window Transparency extension at the extension manager or Phi's extension database site. It has an option to work with sub-apps.
    - BartekB, a.k.a Uppernate
    Join the Click Converse Discord! - https://discord.gg/7RNXFrC
    Dungeon Raiders! - Link soon™

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BartekB View Post
    There is a Window Transparency extension at the extension manager or Phi's extension database site. It has an option to work with sub-apps.
    It's not in the extension manager, but you can download it here: http://www.g2f2media.com/mf2/WndTransp.zip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I was looking at some examples and trying to understand why "alpha" wasnt working in my app yet it worked on the examples and discovered something sad: alpha doesnt work on Direct 3D (8/9), only on Standard. While I can live with this, if I wanted to make only a part of the SubApp window transparent I would need to:

A) Make a totally separate app and save it alongside the main one, using a Standard render and then setting the BG color to alpha (thus any new image wouldn't be affected) or...
    B) Use "Windows Shape" and set it to a image, without checking the "SubApp box" in the Windows Transparency extension. So the transparency only affects things outside the image.
    C) Use two separate SubApp, one for the semi transparent overlay and another for the non-transparent object.

The problem is, if you are doing something like a map that is revealing itself bit by bit, it wouldn't be viable to use method B since you would need a new active for every new room. And I don't even knows if method A will work without problems. Any ideas? My line of reasoning have flaws?

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelygax View Post
    Thanks. I was looking at some examples and trying to understand why "alpha" wasnt working in my app yet it worked on the examples and discovered something sad: alpha doesnt work on Direct 3D (8/9), only on Standard. While I can live with this, if I wanted to make only a part of the SubApp window transparent I would need to:

A) Make a totally separate app and save it alongside the main one, using a Standard render and then setting the BG color to alpha (thus any new image wouldn't be affected) or...
    B) Use "Windows Shape" and set it to a image, without checking the "SubApp box" in the Windows Transparency extension. So the transparency only affects things outside the image.
    C) Use two separate SubApp, one for the semi transparent overlay and another for the non-transparent object.

The problem is, if you are doing something like a map that is revealing itself bit by bit, it wouldn't be viable to use method B since you would need a new active for every new room. And I don't even knows if method A will work without problems. Any ideas? My line of reasoning have flaws?
    Hi Lelygax One way you could do it would be to make individual groups for all your games objects; player/enemies etc, then code so that when a certain key/button is pressed it will bring the map on the top layer and disable the game groups, then again with another code set it so that when pressing the same or different button/key it makes the map invisible and re activate the groups. Also it would be a good idea to make the active a global object as well so it can carry over the information you need it to from frame to frame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I'm still a newbie I can see all sort of wrong things happening like animations and movements going wrong when the game unpauses, thats why I'm using the easier SubApp workaround xD

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a problem with using Standard?

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since you lose a lot of effects by choosing Standard, yes there is. Now if I save it as a standalone *.exe and tell the game to load it I wouldn't have that drawback, maybe performance, if that works (I need to test it later, its only a theory for now).

edit: Also, thinking about it now, if I did choose another project to load, I wouldn't be able to choose which frame of it to load. Unless its possible to encrypt and hide more than one project inside a build, it would be problematic to leave another files open in the wild for users to mess with.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What exactly are you trying to use this for. We might be able to offer an alternate approach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I plan to use it in two different ways, all two pause the game. First one is a simple pause menu/inventory, so semi transparent isn't needed. Second one will show the explored part of a map, and only the explored part, but the map shouldn't be transparent.

Examples:

Since there is no secret on the first one, I'm focusing on the second. Hopefully these examples helps understand better what I mean.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast